Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A feature worth adding to the forum

mittam99

Okay, Mitch ~ and to you and all our members:

Here is the response I got tonight from our provider:

Hello, I'm sorry this is not an built in option, you could change the wording on the "like" option to "thanks" perhaps, but that isn't something that we can support in modifying.

Thanks and Like are really the same thing though as far as the system is concerned.

After conferring with our provider again, I was given instructions on how to activate the "Like this" feature for our site, which is as close to a "Thanks" button as we can get.

So from now on, we have available to us a "Like this" button that you will see at the lower right side of each post. If you choose to do so, you now have the option of letting someone know you like a post by clicking on the "Like this" button ~ and, if you change your mind, you can reverse it by clicking "Unlike this." 

• Upvote 1

That is odd, Mitch, because I can see it in your post. It's on the right (not above or below) of the box in which you placed your post. It's dark blue with white lettering that looks like this:

Like this

Please let me know if it still is not visible to you!

•  

By the way, you won't be able to see the button in any of your OWN posts, since you're not allowed to "Like" your own posts. Do you see the button in the messages I am posting to you? (That is, is it visible in this post by me, and in the one above?)

•  

Hmmmmmmm. Strange. I am on Firefox right now (usually I use Google Chrome) and I can see the button just fine. Could it be your firewall that is preventing it from showing up? Maybe if you clear your browser's cache? Or reboot your computer?

I'd appreciate it if any of our other members would let me know if they can (or cannot) see the "Like this" button!

I just came on and I am seeing a +4 under Mitch's picture right below 'contributor" - is that what you are talking about, Marty?

I checked on Chrome and FireFox. I also noticed that BJ gave Kay a 'like' so some are getting the button. 

I do not see a button where I could 'like' someone's post. Over on the R/side I see an x with an arrow and when you click on it gives the message 'ignore signature preferences' - haven't noticed that before! 

I don't see a like button, I'm on Chrome.

Well, shoot. I'll have to report this to our provider. Thanks for letting me know. Give me some time to work on it.

Anne, the +4 under the photo indicates how many times someone (in this case, me) has "liked" that person's posts. For some strange reason, this is referred to as a person's "Reputation." If you click on Mitch's photo and go to his profile, you will find on the left his total "Reputation points." The x with the arrow enables you to hide a person's signature ~ although I don't know why such a feature has been added!

Got it, used it! :)

• Upvote 1