Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom is missing

Time is so evil, it always flies..
Why  didn't it stop when one dies..
Things remain the same for the world its just us who cries..
Missing them in our lows and highs..
Wishing them to come back in disguise
Time is so evil it always flies.. 
Taking us away from the last moment we saw them with our eyes..
People says it will get better but that are lies
Nothing gets better just the time flies..

So tomorrow is my birthday, first one without the lady who brought me in this world. I have started receiving the advance birthday messages, they don't mean anything to me as there's no happy in my birthday. 

I won't lie, I was crazy about my birthday just like a small kid. My mom knew this very well so she always arranged something amazing for me. I hate this day now. I never felt so empty. I feel like what's so good in it, it was important only until she was with me.  She gave birth to me, going through lot of pain, it was her new birth.. The day is for her.. It has no meaning without her.

I hope you have a better birthday than you anticipate.  I'm sure your mom is wishing you one as well.

I remember crying myself to sleep my first birthday after my husband had died.  It was about 3 1/2 months after.  No one called & wished me a happy birthday or did anything, and my husband always would have made a big deal of it.  It made me miss him all the more.

It's really hard when those that love and care about us the most pass away and we lose part of that identity, that history.  I guess the only good thing about bithdays only rolling around once a year is we get a whole other year to adjust to the loss before having to face another birthday.

I wish I could make you feel better. :(

• Upvote 1

I feel exactly the same. Even though my family was with me  and they were trying their best to cheer me..I felt bad,  I can't imaging how lonely you might be feeling on your birthday.
I was already sad to add up the result of the exam that I gave came today.. Bad. 
I so badly wished she was with me, she would have comforted me. Miss her so much.

At least I'm talking to you, that's making me feel little good.

Mom's angel,

I wish we all didn't live so far away from each other.  There are some really special people on this forum, they've been through it and understand.  If I was there, I'd pop some popcorn and we'd wear our jammies and try to salvage what we could of your birthday, maybe watch a really stupid movie that makes you laugh whether you feel like it or not. :)

I'm so sorry. :( I'm not looking forward to my first birthday without Mom, either. I will treasure my last birthday because it was the last one she'll ever be a part of. Moms always make it such a big deal, and you know they care about it the most! It's the anniversary of one of their favorite days!

I hope you and I both find ways to enjoy milestones without our moms. <3

• Upvote 1

Yes, moms are very much exited about their children birthdays.

I never thought that one day my birthday will mean nothing to me, I cried that whole day, I couldn't cry in front of everyone because that would have made them extremely sad. Sometimes you just have to pretend to be okay for your family. 

I'll pray for you, I also hope that we have courage to face such days without our mothers.

• 1 month later...

Mom's angel,

Yes it's hard to go through birthdays, Mother's Day, Easter, Christmas, etc. without our moms.  I still find, even 1 1/2 years later, that I want to go see her, spend time with her, call her, share something with her.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG, that was heartrending!  And how it is...

Yup, but i like the ending, it is painful but I find it beautiful too.

the scene where the mom was helping the child with plucking the fruit was so much relatable. 

When I was a kid.. The house that we lived in had a mongo tree in the back... My mom used to pluck the mangoes for me..

• Upvote 2

I still live where I raised my kids so I don't have to board a bus and walk to get to it.  In my mind's eye, I see my kids playing out in the back yard, running and squealing.  I hear them riding around the patio on their riding toys.  (sigh...)

• Upvote 1