Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Shock and Awe after 1 year

We have a second line of severe Thunderstorms and Tornados coming our way.  One touched down about 60 miles away and killed two people.  We have a more severe, heavy bands coming in another two hours. Praying for safety and minimal damage. I have my safe room prepped just in case.

On a good note.

1) I got the car inspected and passed.

2) DMV transfer and renewal done.  They charged me $10 for a copy of my title and another $10 to transfer it to me. Plus $57 for the registration. 

3) Complete ObamaCare support documentation ( with all of their caveats) and then mailed at the Post office to get it Certified and return receipt.

4) Paid my Business license renewal and mailed the Business Property paperwork.

5) Called my Insurance company and requested my insurance cards for this year ( for a third time). They said they don't have a record of me calling but I have records.

And talked to the Billing/Finance department and requested another account reconciliation.  There is a three hundred dollar discrepancy.

6) Called a couple of naturopathic doctors to gather some information about blood testing. 

It took all day to do.  Thankfully, I had no work scheduled today.  Winds a picking up .  Better sign off.  Thanks everyone for listening and caring.  It helps.  Shalom 

George, you must be glad today is done!  And I pray the winds don't do any damage.  Have a relaxing evening!

Sunny here too, Brad.  Back to rains on Friday.

Safe.  all major wind, tornado, lightning storms have passed my area.  My sister lives 15 miles away and she said it got so close they had to shelter in their bathroom.  She is safe. Thanks for answered prayers. When you realize that you could be homeless, hurt, or killed,  it put the rest of life's challenges in a different perspective.  Good night all. Looking forward to a new day with new mercies.  Shalom

• Upvote 2

I don't know where you live but I saw on the news, from TX to FL, the devastation left in its wake.  It left a lot of damage.  I am so glad both you and your sister made it through safely.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, iPraiseHim said:

Safe.  all major wind, tornado, lightning storms have passed my area.  My sister lives 15 miles away and she said it got so close they had to shelter in their bathroom.  She is safe. Thanks for answered prayers. When you realize that you could be homeless, hurt, or killed,  it put the rest of life's challenges in a different perspective.  Good night all. Looking forward to a new day with new mercies.  Shalom

I´m glad that you´re safe.Fortunately we don´t know here something like that.

Janka 

I have been thinking about my feelings of loneliness for a couple of weeks.  After reviewing some others postings tonight, I realize I  miss my wife's  physical touch.  My wife and I were daily touching, kissing, hugging, holding hands, etc... Almost daily, she would lay her hands on my back and pray over me before I headed off to work. There has been very little touch from any human being since my wife died. 

For a month, I have been thinking about getting a massage because of my shoulder pain.  I found out Friday that I have signs of arthritis in both pinky fingers so I am sure it is in other areas, too.  I am interested  in a deep muscle massage.  I checked out a professional  place recently, but the minimum massage time is one hour.  I am not sure I would be comfortable for that long.  They didn't offer thirty minutes.  ( It is  franchise chain).

This is just another aspect of grief that I had not considered.  Shalom  

• Upvote 2

I realized how much I was missing his touch a while ago too.  I don't think I could handle a massage from a stranger.  I've pretty much have had to settle for occasional hugs.  We really take for granted the touch we had every day til it is gone, especially for a very long time.  I think of the times I felt a little smothered and would give anything to have the back.  This path just keeps bringing more twists and turns.  I have yet to find any if them good.  

• Upvote 1

I miss our dogs, too.  They gave so much love and attention.  Everyday is a "Happy Birthday" to them when I returned home.  Our last dog, Brandee, (a collie), was so special. She was the only female that would turn her head and look at me when I spoke as if she was hanging onto every word!  I miss her so much, too.  She died four years ago. And my wife was too weak for us to get another dog.  Now I am not home 8-10 hours a day and it wouldn't be fair to the dog to be left alone that long. They are man's best friend.  Shalom

• Upvote 1

George, I used to be gone 10.5 hours/day but I got my dog when he was one, and am so glad I did.  When I got off work,  I hurried home to him and made him priority.  He has a pen with a doghouse in it and he totally loves it, it is his den.  Now that I'm retired, he still wants to go out to his pen, so I let him spend time out there as he desires and the rest of the time he's with me.  We walk twice a day and visit a neighbor with a dog so they can hang out and play.
Having a dog gives cuddle time, they're also great at picking up on our emotions and knowing just when we need that extra love or a kiss.  I don't know what I'd do without him!

• Upvote 3

Kay, pets definitely can make a difference. All my cats have their own personality. I have one that will sit at the kitchen table on a chair like she is waiting to eat. It just looks so funny because I will turn around and she is sitting there like she's waiting to be served, her little cat face and head looking so out of place at the table, lol. It's nice to get that unexpected laugh because laughter is hard to come by nowadays.

• Upvote 1

I made chicken enchiladas and shared them with my Dad yesterday after work.  He is also a widower and cooks his meals but hasn't been eating much lately.  It's boring cooking and eating alone.  My sister usually cooks him a meal at least once a week and invites him over to eat. He seemed very appreciative. It was a good visit and I look forward to doing that again.

Today has been another rollercoaster ride.  I felt sad, lonely, most of the morning, missing my wife.  This afternoon, I went to the chiropractor for a back adjustment and when I walked out, I felt better, taller and much better spirits. I  really cannot figure out what is causing all of these highs and lows emotionally.  I am alone right now but I do not feel lonely.

I am working on improving my diet. ( However, a brand new Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has just opened up near my home on March 1st.)  Why is it that all of the really good tasting food is so bad for us?  Shalom 

• Upvote 2

I don't know, George, you'd think God could have made fat, sugar, carbs all taste horrid!  I am forced to eat healthy because that's all I buy so that's all there is to eat. :)  Glad I don't know what a Krispy Kreme tastes like!

Speaking of dogs, mine has not been well for 22 days now, taking him to the vet tomorrow to be tested for Giardia.  Can be complicated since I also have two cats and it can be transmitted among humans and animals.  It's not uncommon for him to get Colitis but I've been treating him with rice and chicken breasts and he keeps getting set back every time I introduce dogfood gradually back into his diet.  This is obviously more than his usual bout of Colitis, time for calling in the vets.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, iPraiseHim said:

I am working on improving my diet. ( However, a brand new Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has just opened up near my home on March 1st.)  Why is it that all of the really good tasting food is so bad for us?  Shalom 

Because it's like our partners and thier leaving.  You get hooked on the addiction and the supply runs out.  Krispy Kreme won't, but they can't cuddle with you or really fulfill anything beyond your waistline.  :wacko:

• Upvote 2

Kay, i hope the vet gets this removed for your dog.  I know when anything happens to mine it becomes panic mode because they are my closest connections with life right now.  Let us know his things go.

• Upvote 2

It's not as easy to get rid of Giardia in pets as it is in us because they do stupid thing like lick someone else's poop and drink out of a puddle, they pass it back and forth.  It's not going to be simple.  Will have to ride herd to keep the dog and cats from doing so.  They administer antibiotics which will probably make him deathly sick, they usually do.  I'll have to disinfect his pen (bleach water) which means I may have to throw away all his bedding. :(  It also means expensive follow up testing, repeatedly.

I had no idea it could be this serious, Kay.  All my dogs contracted it at the dog park, but it resolved in a few days.  My vet also said they build an immunity to it.  I must have just lucked out.  

My neighbor's dog died right before Arlie displayed symptoms.  He didn't take her to the vet, she had blood in her drool, lost appetite, couldn't hold anything down, ;lethargic, vomited, lost a lot of weight, all signs...didn't see her excrement as she goes out in the yard.  My concern is his other dog could come down with it, he doesn't pick up her poop and they don't always show symptoms. It's so easily spread.  They can get over it, but they can also contract damage to their intestines from it, I imagine it depends upon their health & age somewhat.  My son got it once years ago and I had parasites about 19 years ago, that's how I possibly sustained liver damage.  Also there's different kinds of tests, the ones in the lab are better, ones at some vets don't always show it, 30% have a false negative.  Well, I'll find out more today.

Absolutely rough and tired weekend. I did get some much needed rest. I have little to no energy to do anything.  Feeling really lonely today even though I worked all day.  For some reason right at this moment;  feel okay, not as bad as before.  I cannot figure out what is going on. I don't know if it is grief, environment, physical pain, hormonal of exactly what it is,  i have a lot of personal things to get done and I need to focus on expanding my business but I have no desire to push and get going.  What a dilemma.  ( YES, I prayed...Shalom . 

• Upvote 1

I have been exhausted with my dog being ill since Feb . 10th.  Emotional toll affects physical energy, seems to just drain it.  Add to it the having to cook for him the rest of his life (he was 140 lbs but has lost 5 since this began...that's a lot of food to cook!) and it's more taxing.

Today was my rough day at work, glad to have it over, tonight I can relax!

George, I hope you get some relaxation fit into your schedule, I know you work hard.  Praying for you!

• Upvote 3

Guest Janka
18 minutes ago, kayc said:

I have been exhausted with my dog being ill since Feb . 10th.  Emotional toll affects physical energy, seems to just drain it.  Add to it the having to cook for him the rest of his life (he was 140 lbs but has lost 5 since this began...that's a lot of food to cook!) and it's more taxing.

Today was my rough day at work, glad to have it over, tonight I can relax!

George, I hope you get some relaxation fit into your schedule, I know you work hard.  Praying for you!

Kay,

your dog must be happy,having you and the two cats as a loving family... :)

Janka

He's happy having home cooked meals instead of dogfood! :)

• Upvote 2