Grief Healing Discussion Groups

As The Seasons Change

There really isn't much I can say, it's been said here so many times before. We are all going through one of life's most difficult challenges. Life throw's a lot of unexpected things at us, and there is no preparation for it. In my case, it was expected, my Mom was 93 and in home hospice, just didn't know when, or what it would be like after. Now that it is all over,and she is no longer here, everything is strangely different. Yet we are all going through the same thing. What I read you say, is what's happening to me. There is no pill you can take to stop the grief, pain. This is my first year, 8 month's in. This well be my first year without her. As the seasons change, the life that loved and gave me so much is not a part of that change.

At the same time, logically speaking, as Spock would say, from Star Trek, "Captain, it's the natural order of the universe,of life, it's a life to learn from, to grow from, to celebrate. Our bodies at some time well decline, the vessels of life that allow us to be here. I to well someday pass. Yet I well always remember you as a good friend Jim, and in our next existence, be together again." Kirk would say, "Enough of that non-sense Spock, would you just please give me the tricorder readings!"

It's a shame my hero, James T. Kirk, is doing sleazy lawyer commercials! But that's life right? HEY, HANG IN THERE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! It's tough tough tough. I'm doing the best I can, we are in this together. If I can. well lend a helping hand. Hang in there man.

• Upvote 3