Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Cremation jewelry ideas?

Hello, I lost my mom earlier this year and she was cremated. We will spread her ashes later this year but now I'm thinking that I want to keep a part of her with me. I would like to do some type of cremation jewelry. Just wondering if anyone has done some type of cremation jewelry. Looking for insight as I start to realize that once her ashes are spread I will no longer have a part of her with me. Sorry if this disturbs anyone!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

They also have "keepsake urns", so that you can keep part of the ashes in a tiny container. My dad always wanted to be cremated and to be placed in the same gravesite as my mother's casket. This was in his will. But then, in his last few weeks, he started saying he wanted my mother exhumed and brought from PA to AZ to be with him. I decided to not take this literally and to interpret it as his wanting to be with her and also to stay with me. Hence the keepsake urn, and also all of the rest of him is staying with me until my sisters stabilize themselves enough for us to have a visit together at the gravesite in PA. I think there are more and more good options...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

When I get settled down more, I will visit all the sites on Marty's suggestion list.  Right now, time for me is limited..  I will say that all the family had necklaces made with cremation remains.  It was such a small amount for each one.  When we all got the beautiful necklaces, we all found, all of us to include everyone of us, we could not wear them.  I have no idea why.  My beautiful purple stone with Billy's thumbprint will be placed beside his beautiful heavy wooden urn.  I do not know why we cannot wear them.  Perhaps it is just too soon.

• Upvote 1