Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Having a chat with Grandad

Hello everyone 

It's been about six months now since I lost my Grandad to cancer. I still miss him very much and I think about him every day. 

I had been thinking about going to see a medium for some time but I was both nervous and skeptical about it. I finally had a reading done yesterday and I'm so glad I did it. It was one of the loveliest experiences I've ever had. 

I took several items and photos related to Grandad and the lady was able to describe him to a tee. He was so eager to chat to me that the medium didn't even have time to explain how the reading works! He came through instantly and must have had lots of things he needed to say to me. He did ask me not to tell my Nana about the session as it would frighten her to death which I've promised not to do. 

It was wonderful to hear from him again even if it wasn't visual or hearing his voice. I just knew straight away it was my Grandad. He told me several things I didn't know and which I've taken on board and will keep safely between Grandad and I. I had so many questions to ask but there wasn't enough time so I just asked if he was at peace and pain free. He assured me he is and that his passing was painless and peaceful. 

I have many other questions to ask Grandad so I may go and have another reading again sometime soon. For now though I'm just happy that he is happy and I know that he's definitely with me everywhere I go.

I'm glad you feel more at peace and are assured your grandpa is at peace.  I understand what you mean when you say you think about him every day, for that is how it is with my husband, and it's been almost 11 years!  I think about my mom a lot too.  I lost my dad so long ago and had my daughter soon after so it consumed my time, but I do still think of him now and then.