Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Message from Marty

Mary (mfh) here. Many of you will remember me as a member and as a moderator.

Marty contacted me and asked me to announce that she is off line due to a problem with the power at her home and therefore unable to get on the internet. She will be back on lind here when the power is back on but did not know when that would be. I will check back with her later for an update and will post it. I am posting this a couple of places so everyone sees it.

Peace,

Mary

• Upvote 3

Thank you, Mary, and good to see you!  I hope Marty's power is up and running soon!  Maybe it's a much needed break. :)

• Upvote 2

Mary it is so good to hear from you again. We miss you and hope you are well.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much. It is good to see familiar faces....Things are going pretty well. Peace to all, Mary

• Upvote 3

Thank you. How are you doing, Karen?

MONDAY UPDATE

Marty's service call has now been postponed until some time tomorrow. Frustrating for all concerned. I have communicated to her that everyone here is taking good care of each other.

Peace

Mary

• Upvote 3

Thank you, Mary, for watching over things for me in my absence. I am eternally grateful to you for that.

Dear ones, as you can see, I am here online at the present time, using my sister's computer and wireless Internet service so I can get caught up on all your posts from the last several days.

When I arrived at my sister's door, she showed me an article in today's Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Frontier customers still on hold, which describes exactly what I've been dealing with since last Thursday afternoon. This outage occurred with absolutely no warning, no prior notification, no letter or email letting me know that this was about to happen. At least now I know that I am not the only one with this problem (and we all know how good it feels to know that we're not alone with a problem, am I right?!)

I plan to be here online for the next few hours (till around 5 pm EDT today). I have an entirely different Internet service provider scheduled to set me up in my own home tomorrow (Wednesday), and hope to have this nightmare behind me by day's end tomorrow.

Meanwhile I am so grateful for your patience and understanding. You do such an amazing job of supporting one another, and I am very, very proud of each and every one of you.

Sending you long, warm hugs,
Marty T

• Upvote 5

Hello Marty,

It's good to see you back and I hope your connection difficulties are over soon. It is very nice of your sister to help you, and by helping you to help all of us. I am new to the site during your absence and am very impressed with the compassion and thoughtfulness I have seen all throughout the site. It is a credit to you as well as the members.

• Upvote 3

Finally, it was not at all hard to take care of each other during your absence because that is what we do here. It is so good to know that you are once again looking out for us. :wub: 

• Upvote 3

That is one happy dance!  I don't think I've been disconnected that long in the last 23 years since I've been on the internet!  I hope it was a break as well as an inconvenience!  We're all taking care of each other... :)

• Upvote 4

You do indeed take good care of one another, Kay, and I so appreciate that.

This was not a break for me, and it felt more like a disaster than an inconvenience. I've been beside myself ever since this happened nearly a week ago, suddenly and without warning, as I've been trying desperately to get a service person here to fix the problem. Promises were made but no one ever came. As I posted in this thread earlier, I didn't learn until yesterday that this outage was not unique to me. Thousands of households in Florida, Texas and California have been affected. (Anyone interested in what happened can read about it here:  Frontier customers still on hold.) In the interim, my email has been piling up unread, along with the dozens of posts added to our forums in the last seven days. In addition, I couldn't publish my blog this past Sunday and Monday, nor could I send out my weekly newsletter or post on my GH Facebook page. My land line telephone was dead also. What a nightmare. Now I am in the process of digging out from under, but at least I can begin! Please bear with me until I can get caught up, and know that I am grateful to all of you for being here for each other, and for me 

(And Gwen, I won't say anything about all those crayon marks if you don't.)  ;)

• Upvote 4

I'm sorry, you do use the internet a lot, and to be without both that and phone, it's got to feel like a giant disconnect.  I've always said I'd much rather be without my phone than internet, and fortunately for me, my carriers are separate providers.

We're just glad to have you back...I hope you're not spending all your time trying to catch up though or you'll get eye strain and carpal tunnel.  I'm familiar with both!

• Upvote 4