Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Daily struggle

HI everyone I'm here because I am struggling everyday with my loss although I know God has a plan, everything happens for a reason and I know she watches over me I still find dealing with this to be the most difficult aspect of my life. I don't have anyone I can talk to about this and the only people I have let close enough to talk to about it have hurt me even worse. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here maybe just a place to get it all out.

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my Mom June 2014, and it was the worst tragedy of my life... the hardest thing I've ever gone through, and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of her, or cry, and miss her terribly.   I lost my Dad at 26 years ago, and that was so hard too.  Never thought I'd be without a dad, now 28 years later, I lost both parents.  It hurts so much, still.   I do recommend a grief counseling group and I found one at my church. It helps being surrounded by people who actually understand my pain, because they have it as well.  We give one another support and help each other with ideas. Counseling will also help, I did that too.

A Mom is truly a best friend, and losing her not only is tragic, but a part of you is gone.  Who in the world knows you better?  no one.  So I recommend always speak to her because I believe she DOES hear you.  Do you have good friends for support?  Like Kayc said, a friend of your Mom's would be good too.  I have Mom's friend who lived on the 6th floor, and she and I chat almost daily.  I go to church and light candles for her.  I even set up a water fountain at my friend door and put a scentcy candle there, scented, and a photo of Mom.  I turn on the candle and lights around it filter onto Mom's face in the picture, and I hear the beautiful water cascascading down the fountain.  Every morning I turn it on and say 'Goodmorning Mom', and at night I turn it off and say 'Goodnight Mom'.  I also have a journal that I leave in Mom's room, and go sit there once in a while and write in it.  I write as though I'm talking to her... it helps as well.

It's a long road ahead, and one that you will get strength, and by talking to your Mom, she too will give you strength.  Your daughter needs you, and needs beautiful memories of your Mom.  Sit down and look at pictures together, reminisce, be sure that she always has vivid memories of her grandmother... The more you keep your Mom's memory alive, in your home, the more she will visit you.

Be strong, and know that you will one day be better... but it will take time.  Try and smile every time you think of her, even through your tears.   

May she resting peace, and may she give you the strength to carry on her beautiful legacy.

Hugs, 

• Upvote 2

Hi bcc,

I'm sorry for your loss as well.  I'm assuming you lost your mom?  You are welcome to share your story here.

Sweetwater,

I'm unable to read what you wrote as it's so tiny and my eyesight is poor, but I'm sorry for your loss as well.