Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Trying to sell childhood home

I lost my Mom in January, and my Dad 3 years ago.  It's just me now, no siblings, and I inherited the house in which my parents lived and in which I grew up in.  I visited my mom and that house every week for my whole life...I'm 54 now.  I'm now faced with selling it.  I have to for financial reasons, and I'm very very grateful that they left me the house, but I'm having an awful time trying to sell it.  I tried to list it a month ago and I had such panic I had to stop the listing.  I'm having intense anxiety and shaking and other stuff constantly too, as I wrote in my post under bereavement behavious,  so this is just adding to all that.  It's the physical symptoms that get \me....it messed up my breathing for a couple of weeks so it was difficult to get in a deep breath.  I find that longer I wait the harder it is.  I tried to list it today, but couldn't pull the trigger.  This is sooo hard!  Even the thought of a for sale sign in the yard is beyond sad and scary and overwhelming.  This feels like the hardest thing I've ever done. Even Mom's memorial was easier than this!.  I went to the house yesterday and did a little ritual and thanked the house for all its love and protection and let it go as best I could, and did a blessing for the new family that will be coming in to live in the space and then planted a beautiful pink begonia in honour of the new energy coming in.  I thought that would help.  Nope.  Maybe I just have to realize that its going to be a traumatic thing and I'll feel panicy and it'll be difficult to get in deep breaths for a while and just do it anyway. Yikes!~

Are you seeing a doctor for your anxiety?  It sounds bad enough I think I would.  Aromatherapy, meditation, walks...still it sounds like you're getting hit hard. :(