Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Tammy's Birthday

mittam99

My beloved Tammy would have been 47 years old tomorrow, June 10th. Honestly, I don't know how I've made it, alone, and without her, for over fifteen months. Tammy was my everything. It's not just some catch phrase I throw out there lightly. She truly was. First and foremost she was my beautiful wife. Oh how proud I was to be her one and only. I loved being her husband. We were best friends. Kids at heart. Two peas in a pod. Made for each other. She made every day I spent with her better. Tammy had an amazing way about her. She was funny, sweet and loving. She was a gentle soul. She was cute and cuddly. Tammy loved me like no other and I loved her more than life itself.

She was never blessed with good health, even as a child. But, she never complained about it. After her numerous surgeries, she was proud of her "battle scars". She didn't want people to "feel sorry for her" because of her many illnesses and her systemic Lupus. She was courageous and vivacious. Tammy was, simply put, a unique and amazing woman. Truly one of a kind. How lucky was I that she chose me to be her husband!!

Tomorrow will be a hard day for me. I should be taking my Tammy out to a restaurant of her choice and lavishing her with gifts... and kisses. And in Tammy's world, we always celebrated not just a birth "day" but you got an entire birth "week"! 

I love Tammy so much. I miss being with her... it still hurts... badly. I miss trying to be her knight in shining armor. I miss her laughing at my silliness. I miss those incredible hugs. You know, the kind where you just don't ever want to let go. I miss everything about Tammy. Every inch of her, from her soft red hair to her teeny little feet (and everything in between). I was so blessed.

My sweet Tammy. My inspiration. My perfect and forever wife.

Mitch

• Upvote 2

Mitch, my heart is with you on your Tammy's Birthday.  I just went through it with my dear wife in May.  On my wife's birthday, I tried remembering all of the wonderful birthdays we celebrated together. We had a week of birthday celebrations too as  we were born in the same year and only one week apart.  I am choosing to remember all of the good times we cherished together... happier times.  I will be praying for peace and comfort for you all day tomorrow.  Shalom - George

• Upvote 1

Mitch,

My thoughts are with you today, I know it's hard.  June 10 has been difficult for me ever since my dad died over 34 years ago (his birthday and my parents' anniversary).  Your spouse's birthday are really tough to get through.  We can't help but think how it would be if they were here.  I know the memories can be bittersweet, it sounds like your relationship was similar to ours, always together, always loving each other.  It's tough.

• Upvote 1

Tammy was a very fortunate woman.  You obviously we're/are crazy in love with her Mitch!  How wonderful.  To have loved and been loved that much for the time you two had together on earth is the fairytale story we all have dreamed of.  

To have lived such a blessed life to living this journey of grief is unreasonably cruel.  The deeper the love the greater the loss and pain.  Mitch, no one should have to suffer so much.  I don't know what is ahead for any of us, I truly hope that when we rejoin our loved ones we will live in paradise.

Marita

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2