Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Returned to Posting

Hi everyone. I'm Sue (also known as "HisWife" on this forum).  Briefly, I lost my husband, Al, in February 2014, to a rare but deadly cancer - Double Hit B-Cell Lymphoma. From his diagnosis, on his birthday, to his death was just under 6 months.  I found this group in November 2014 and was a frequent participant; but as the first set of major holidays/birthdays approached, I found it very difficult to participate/offer words of encouragement to all of you when I was so deep in my own grief.  After the first death anniversary, I was able to come back to this healing forum as a daily reader but was not yet ready to fully participate.  Now that I'm into this new, unwanted life of almost 28 months, I feel I may be able, based on discussion topics, to offer my insights as I've traveled this lonesome road and where my journey has led me.  Since I read all the posts daily, I feel like I know each one of you and find comfort in your words.  I hope by my posting on a more regular basis, you will soon feel comfortable with me as well.

• Upvote 5

You said it very well, Sue. We have many, many members who are here on a "read only" basis, and that is absolutely fine. We're all in different places in our own grief journeys, and some of us have neither the energy nor the need to say anything at all. Our members are free to read as much or as little as they choose, and to post as often or as seldom as they see fit. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, HisWife said:

I hope by my posting on a more regular basis, you will soon feel comfortable with me as well.

Sue, I am already comfortable with you.  And, please, just like those that have gone this path many years ago, we desperately need your input.  We cannot have too many people with our sad experiences post too much.  I post "too much" and have problems with my "run-on" fingers and short circuited brain, but I, for one, look forward to hearing about your walk down this sad path, hoping somehow you can shed some light in this darkness.  

• Upvote 2

She knows us REAL well, Marg.  ;)

Sue, welcome back!  No need to feel you have to say anything or encourage us if you don't know what to say, you can respond however you feel comfortable doing so.  We can appreciate some insight from another person who has made it 28 months out.

• Upvote 3