Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Reality

As of a few hours ago my dear Mom was laid to rest.  Very different than my wife.  She was cremated.  My mom not.  Mom had s burial.  Makes reality slap you in the face.  Family and friends are still at the house but I'm locked away at the moment feeling overwhelmed and numb and lost. My father is taking the loss of his wife of 60 years in stride like it's just a normal day. I'm annoyed and baffled.  I'm hurt.  I'm just hurt.  

Please pray for my son myself my dad and my grandsons who attended the services.  They are very upset and confused.  

My heart hurts... 

Butch.  

My dear Butch,

My prayers have been going out for you all day.  Try to remember that we all grieve differently and your way will not be your dad's way.  Perhaps your dad feels he needs to be strong in front of all of you and does his grieving in private.  Remember I said I bawled like a baby at my dad's funeral but my mom didn't shed a tear?  In fact she came home and started throwing his stuff away!  He wasn't even cold yet!  I didn't understand that, at the time (still don't) but my mom was always a practical person and tried to run her life as such.  I can assure you it wasn't because she didn't love or miss him.  Her life was never the same after he died and she missed him more than anything...but people do all grieve differently.  Some feel the need to change everything so as not to get hit with the reminders, whereas others set up a shrine and heaven help the person who touches anything of the loved one!  

How is Allen doing?  And the boys?

You are holed up, take care of yourself, do whatever YOU need to do to get through this dear Butch.  Post when you feel up to it.  We're here, we're listening.

My heart goes out to you as you're missing your mom.

• Upvote 2