Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What else???

So my moms cremated remains were finally laid to rest on July 5th.Today I had my first mammogram.After the initial test,I was told that there was some concern with the findings in one breast.I had to wait for the radiologist to conduct an ultrasound,and then have an additional mammogram.I saw the  two spots that they are concerned with,but living in Canada,with our healthcare system more concerned with saving money for the collective instead of focusing on the individual,I have to wait six months to see if there are any changes, instead of opting for a biopsy like I could if I lived in the u.s.My mom just died of breast cancer,and now this?.Right now, life feels like one big,cruel joke!!.

Kristin,

The U.S. isn't so great either (health wise), we pay a fortune for insurance that we can't afford to use.  Deductibles so high and any lab work, biopsies, x-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, I have to pay out of pocket because deductible has not been met.  Can barely afford assurance and mine won't insure individuals next year and I'm told it's going up 38% next year.

All you can do is pay out of pocket if you don't want to wait, and with them telling you that, I wouldn't wait.  Your health is very important!

You have to wonder about their logic.  If a person waits six months and it IS "something", it will be more expensive to deal with than if they dealt with it right away.  They aren't saving anything!

I wish you the best, whatever your decision.

I don't think I would even have the option to pay out of pocket,and I can't afford it right now anyway.A 38 percent increase is ridiculous!!.I guess it  depends on what state your in.My brother is in Arkansas and he has had to pay a lot due to having muscular dystrophy,but my niece and nephews are covered under AR kids which is basically Medicaid.They Even had their braces covered!.

That's only because he's on Medicaid, most of us don't qualify.  If you're low income enough you can actually come out ahead with the benefits than if you're moderate income.  They wouldn't cover braces in my state regardless.

He actually dosent get Medicaid ((just his kids do) .Hes only recently quit working so I imagine that may change.His insurance is ridiculously high to.