Grief Healing Discussion Groups

1 Year Today

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd drop by here to post something new as today, September 2nd, is the first year anniversary of the passing of my Grandad, who I lost to cancer last year. I can't believe that it's a year already, it only seems like yesterday that I saw him for the last time before he went into a hospice. Today has been very difficult for me. He was like a father to me and I really feel like he was the only one who understood me as a person. I miss him so much. But I know that he is now in a better place and he is not in pain or suffering anymore. He fought such a brave battle for 3 years and I take so much courage and positivity from how brave a man he was. I never knew people could show such strength and keep their sense of humour in the face of so much pain.

It might be a year today, but in my heart there is no time and my lovely, gentle, quiet Grandad is always alive to me.

• Upvote 3

My thoughts are with you today, Tom ~ and I hope you'll continue to keep your lovely, gentle, quiet Granddad always alive in your heart and in your mind. Remember that he is a part of you, and there is no better way to pay tribute to him than by emulating him and living a good life in his honor. 

• Upvote 1

Hi, Tom. I know it was a tough day for you but I hope you were filled with good memories as you reflected back on your Grandpa's life with you.