Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Neighbor Friend dying of cancer

kayc

My friend, Betty has literally been dying of cancer for some time, little by little it ravaging her body...but now it's time.  She's the sweetest lady in the world, she's ready to go, I do not understand the purpose to this immense suffering.

Please, anyone who prays, pray she goes tonight, none of us can bear to see her in this much pain, most of all we don't want HER to suffer any longer.

• Upvote 1

She passed away at 7:55 pm, shortly after I posted here.  It's what needed to happen.  I talked to her son, he said he felt relieved that she's out of pain.

• Upvote 2

Yes, her sons were with her.  We're having her funeral Friday, her grandchildren are up here.

We had her funeral yesterday.  I was dreading it, I hate funerals, all the more so since George died.

It was four hours.  It was at an LDS church and I wasn't sure what to expect.  It was a wonderful tribute to a lovely lady, but they had to get into all their church teaching, etc., which is, of course, very different from my own.  I just sat there and tried to stick it out.  They had viewing of her body, which I could have done without but which they pushed so I attended out of respect to her family...to me, this day was about them, they're the ones primarily left with void.  Then they had a dinner afterwards and everyone was expected to attend that as well.  They put on quite a spread, the LDS ladies really can cook!

All in all, I'm glad it's done.  I'm glad she's out of her pain.  It's been hitting me how I'll never get to call her again or hear her dark humor :D or drop by and see her.  38 years is a long time to be neighbors.  Everything is constantly changing, sometimes I wish it could just hold still.

• Upvote 2