Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 months on its way

Oh Butch, those pictures are just adorable!  I love the one of the back of her neck, that is so sweet and precious!  And this one in her cute cap is one of my favorites!  She looks much happier when her teeth aren't bothering her!

Marg, you and Butch have the problem of no time for yourselves, while I am left alone on my own completely, never hearing from my daughter, and not often enough from my son.  If only there was a happy medium!

1 hour ago, kayc said:

Marg, you and Butch have the problem of no time for yourselves, while I am left alone on my own completely, never hearing from my daughter, and not often enough from my son.  If only there was a happy medium!

Wish there was a happy medium.  Honestly wish I could share the latest about my daughter, but after awhile it gets sorta boring. Sometimes also, the truth defies reality.  Do we ever quit worrying about our kids?

Mama and Billy used to talk on the phone.  I figure Mama called Billy.  I'm sorry, I know I should be ashamed of myself, but Mama told Billy "She was not brought up to act like that."  I had been with Billy about 25 years at the time.  

Besides Kay, if I did not have them to gripe about, what would I do? I said I wanted to die of boredom, and I guess if I could not gripe and complain I would get bored.

Marg, I think you're anything but boring!

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry to bring this heart wrenching news on my grandson.  He stroked out and has no brain function which is worse than what occurred yesterday.  At least there was hope then.  Allen cannot get Katie to accept what is.  I am having a hard time doing well as well.  Please pray for our family.  I know you have all carried my family a long way.  I thank you from all of our hearts.  

Butch

• Upvote 2

I am also so very sorry Butch.  You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.  I pray God's strength will hold your family up, give you some comfort in the love you all share for each other.

Please know you are loved and respected.  I so wish I could do something real for you all.

Butch, I am heartsick for you and your family.  My prayers are continually with you and your family.  I'm speechless... Praying... Shalom

Butch, even as you told me yesterday, it's hard for my mind to accept, I can't imagine what Katie is going through.  It can take a process to realize what has happened.  Please know my heart goes out to you and your family and I am praying for you all.  It doesn't seem real, yet I know it is reality, that is what they are telling you.  As Marty said, I wish thing could be different.  (((big hugs my dear friend)))

• Upvote 1

Noah had a stroke that left him with no brain activity.  They were going to take him off life support, but when they did, he gave two shallow breaths, so they hooked him back up.  He has since given his mom's hand a squeeze.  So that's where he is at now, please keep praying for him and his family.

• Upvote 1

What is left is you, dear Autumn. Tom died, but you did not. The truth is that none of us knows what is left and what comes next until we're ready to discover it. It's only been four months for you. How your life looks now is not how it will always be. Things change. Circumstances change. Grief changes. You will change, too. Slow down. Give yourself time to be where you are, to sit with your grief, to feel your feelings, to process what has happened, to let it all unfold. One day at a time . . .

• Upvote 2

I am moving this to my "hell" post.  

Butch, we are given "hope" and that is my word today.  Even a little hope is hope and dear Butch, my mustard seed faith prayers are the size of a pineapple going to prayer for your grandson, you, and your wonderful family, who have had too much to bear.  

• Upvote 2

Noah passed away.  Butch is caring for the children so unable to come here right now.  Please keep the family in your prayers.

• Upvote 2