Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Birthday and other problems I've been facing

18 hours ago, TomPB said:

I'm close to a sister-in-law and her terminally ill husband, who rented a nearby place to be there with us. I share with them a lot. 

Your insight into the grieving process will help you to be a light in her life when she needs it so desperately. I pray that you will find the strength to be the support she will need when her husband's time comes. I'll be pulling for you both.

• Upvote 3

I have diabetes and broke my back as a child. Brian was as much my caretaker as I was his. We kind of went back and forth. Whoever was the healthiest took care of the other. There have been times we literally leaned on each other to get food ready. Lol

The reason I'm writing about the diabetes and back problems....  I have bad neuropathy in my feet. 

My primary doctor prescribed me Effexor. I am absolutely against antidepressants for myself. I have never had any relief and the side effects were awful. 

I have had no problems with the Effexor. It's the lowest dose. It has helped my neuropathy and I think it has helped me with my grief. The doctor wouldn't prescribe it for me until a month had passed after Brian's death. She said it was important to do the grieving without a medication helping you the first month. I didn't want an antidepressant but I wanted relief from the neuropathy. One that will not hurt my damaged kidneys. 

• Upvote 2