Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Celebration of your life dear Kev

Today my mind is filled with the events that weekend and our goodbye on 6-12-16 my dear Kev.I will celebrate your memory and your life every year now.

Thank you for showing me what matters. I am thankful the weekend was spent with all of your favorite things: Good food 

Great friends

Many drinks and toasts 

and lots of laughter...

I was not ready for goodbye so I need you to stay in my heart and beside me as I try to carry on your memories and traditions.Charting a new course with you in my heart love-

Your Marie Lee ?

Time to go push Mason on the swing ?

• Upvote 8

One year and every anniversary after, can never slip by unnoticed, it's something we're very aware of as it approaches.  I like how you are celebrating his memory and life, that is a good way to look at it.  You're in my thoughts today...this is my week to go through it too.

• Upvote 4

On 6/11/2017 at 4:05 PM, Marie Lee said:

Today my mind is filled with the events that weekend and our goodbye on 6-12-16 my dear Kev.I will celebrate your memory and your life every year now.

Thank you for showing me what matters. I am thankful the weekend was spent with all of your favorite things: Good food 

Great friends

Many drinks and toasts 

and lots of laughter...

I was not ready for goodbye so I need you to stay in my heart and beside me as I try to carry on your memories and traditions.Charting a new course with you in my heart love-

Your Marie Lee ?

Time to go push Mason on the swing ?

A lovely and really quite uplifing post. Seems like you spent your first year 'anniversary' [I wish there was a different word we could use!!!] far more productively than mine which was eight days before. I just buried myself in work doing an extra-long shift on the Monday which was the 'day', and spent the Sunday on my own, though kept kind of busy. Maybe next year I'll try to follow your example!

Marie Lee, no words I can say can truly comfort the pain I know you feel. The one year mark is a very agonizing reminder of both what you had and what you lost. Just always remember that you and Kev had something very special and no one can ever take that from you.

Hope you were able to find some comfort in the past couple of days.

• Upvote 1

I wish I could erase the date from my mind.  All it does I remind me of the worst thing in my life and how long it has been without him.  I don't need a calendar for that.  It's hard enough with his birthday and holidays.  I'd truly give anything to have that date removed from my memory.

• Upvote 2

Thank you all...

Marty- angelversary is good I think I will use that from now on.

Dr Lenera- I have not been so productive..I sometimes think I need to go back to work.. maybe then I will feel productive.

Sunday, the eleventh was tough - as it was on a Sunday we were heading home from that great weekend with friends when we got hit.. but what day isn't tough anymore?

All last weekend my mind was filled with the events ...

I am trying so very hard to be positive and find some way to carry on ...

Its a struggle for sure.. I was watching a show and this guy had a situation he wanted to share but he had no one to share it with at home .. that's me now.

I so resonated with that!

I find myself meandering around lost.. I get segments where life fills somewhat normal.. and then I feel sucker punched and life is drained and all I feel is the pain of this awful journey...

I miss my love.. I miss my life...I know our hearts have a great capacity to love... I guess one day I will feel loved again...

• Upvote 2