Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Response solicited

15 hours ago, TomPB said:

Never been anything but Macs in T&S world

I don't know what T & S is but I have a Mac friend that swears by it...the price is a little daunting for my budget. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kayc said:

I don't know what T & S is but I have a Mac friend that swears by it...the price is a little daunting for my budget. :)

I didn't know either.  I was guessing Toshiba & Sony computers!... lol

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 9:52 AM, TomPB said:

Tom & Susan world, gone now after 48 years

I feel you. It's such a hard reality to see. What was once a duo, a team, a pair reduced to one. I still refer to OUR house, HER car, or restaurants WE like. Maybe it's my mind refusing to accept the reality that she's gone. Maybe I want the concept of us to live on. Maybe in my heart it will never truly be over. Just so sad to contemplate.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

If feel you. It's such a hard reality to see. What was once a duo, a team, a pair reduced to one. I still refer to our house, her car, or restaurants we like. Maybe it's my mind refusing to accept the reality that she's gone. Maybe I want the concept of us to live on. Maybe in my heart it will never truly be over. Just so sad to contemplate.

I'm still saying "we". Sometimes add "I guess I should be saying "I" now". Too sad...

• Like 3

I sign our cards the same way I always did.  I usually signed for both of us all those years, I still do.  Will keep on, his retirement was bigger than mine, so I figure the only difference is he is not bodily here.  I always picked out the cards and presents.  He would do it if I asked him to, but it just kind of was one of "my jobs."  Still is.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TomPB said:

I'm still saying "we". Sometimes add "I guess I should be saying "I" now". Too sad...

It's been two years and eleven days; we, our, us, are all still active parts of my vocabulary.  I am striving to make that transition from BradnDeedo to Brad.  I am finding success but it is, and always will be, a struggle.

• Like 6

This will always be OUR house.  His car will always be HIS car.  Our restaurant is OUR restaurant.  I don't speak in the WE anymore and that is the hardest part of this.  Now when asked what are WE going to do, it is what am I going to do.   I hate it.  I despise it.  People are always telling me what THEY (with thier partner) have done or planned while I'm trying to figure out what's the point of cleaning up, eating or making any effort.  The loneliness is insidious day after day.  Before he died, I would find myself at different places and want to look around to tell him about it.  Now I conclude my business and head straight to my car.  It's not like I will be spending any time at new places being built around here.  It's sad because there irs some fun looking places we could have experienced together.  Being around all the people that are having fun is just too hard rubbing it in.  There are many things I did alone when he was working, but I got to tell him about it. So I'd. Be doing something alone to come home to the emptiness.  Oh, and the TV I now have as my companion. Even the dogs can fill the void much.  Thier needs are simple and then they go to sleep or play with each other.  It's tough when you don't even feel you fit in with them because they are happy.

• Like 3

If I'm going back in time it is "we", if referring to present, it is "me".  This will always, however, be OUR home in the clouds, as George fondly referred to it.  How you can love an old broke down worn out mobile home I don't know, but he did...it was heaven to him. :)

• Upvote 1