Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Do Your Emotions Scare You? Mine Do:(

I have always had a fear of my emotions.  They are rather overwhelming and it turns into anxiety and sometimes it turned into depression.  I was terrified I would become depressed after mom passed but it did not happen. 

Thank goodness....I am having anxiety again.  I cannot seem to break thru the fear and maybe have suppressed grief.

How do you stop being afraid???????????????  Hugs

It was C.S.Lewis who wrote in A Grief Observed, "No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear."  Much of the fear stems from not being familiar with the intensity of grief and not knowing what to expect. Learning about what is normal in grief can help. Grief produces all kinds of thoughts, feelings and reactions, and it takes more energy to avoid it than to experience it, armed with the knowledge that it is normal and that over time it will change. I invite you to read this article, which contains some useful suggestions: Anxiety Attacks in Grief: Tools for Coping. Be sure to see the Related Articles listed at the base. See also Grief: Understanding the Process 

• Like 2