Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What's the Point? You're Going to do it Anyway - Soaking in Grief

Grief is with us forever, how we live with it will change over the years.......The bursts , I am told , are always out there, like a Shark circling...Any trigger can bring it in. And the darndest things bring on the triggers......I'm beginning to embrace them at times, others bring tears....... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The loneliness of them not being here is so bad.  It hangs like a black cloud over my head.  Always there.  I went to the health club and was exercising on a machine with tears streaming down my face.  It is almost 2 years now and not much better.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gin said:

The loneliness of them not being here is so bad.  It hangs like a black cloud over my head.  Always there.  I went to the health club and was exercising on a machine with tears streaming down my face.  It is almost 2 years now and not much better.  

Amanda Beard's (olympic swimmer) book is "In the Water They Can't See You Cry". Never thought it would apply to me but now I cry after every swim practice.

• Like 1

Grief is like living with Mike Tyson. He sits in the room over in the corner. Most of the time he's silent but every now and again he whispers "Lori". When he's really angry with me he he jumps up and starts punching me. Sometimes just a couple of blows to make sure I know he's there. Sometimes he pounds on me mercilessly. Blow after blow. He doesn't care what I'm doing or where I'm at. He's always there and always ready to pummel me day or night. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gin said:

Gin:  I totally relate to this.  It's been 2 years and a few months for me also.  Yes, I go about my life, as it is, and smile, laugh, etc., but have that black cloud over my head and in the pit of my stomach too.  I will find myself crying unexpectedly now and feeling the intense grief.  I do get a little hopeless at times that this will get much better.  I'm guessing this is what "they" mean by it changes but never really goes away.  Hugs to you...Cookie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

Grief is like living with Mike Tyson. He sits in the room over in the corner. Most of the time he's silent but every now and again he whispers "Lori". When he's really angry with me he he jumps up and starts punching me. Sometimes just a couple of blows to make sure I know he's there. Sometimes he pounds on me mercilessly. Blow after blow. He doesn't care what I'm doing or where I'm at. He's always there and always ready to pummel me day or night. 

Mike Tyson was known to bite, too

• Like 2