Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I woke up at three in the morning aching for my bride.  Missing her so very much.  Caleb got up and said he missed Grammy so much.  He said she would make missing Noah better.  It kills me that I can't ease his pain.  

Then I had to take Gracie to the dr as she's been coughing nonstop for several days   She has bronchitis and a double ear infection   

Then the mail came and there was a letter addressed to Mary.  I opened it and it was from a college friend and she doesn't know Mary passed away by her words.  I have to let her know.  That left a horrible taste in my mouth and a heartbreaking feeling in my heart.  

Tomorrow is a new day?  I think I said that yesterday.  😪

• Like 5

Butch, 

You're not only dealing with missing Mary but so many others, AND others' grief besides your own, that's a whole lot to be dealing with at once and it's gone on and on.  I think you're doing well to make it through the day, yes, tomorrow is another day.  Keep saying it. :)

I'm sorry you find yourself having to break the news to yet another person.  Whatever way seems easiest to you, by letter or by phone, do that.  It's harder on you than anyone else so consider your feelings first.

Love you!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, R.Everit55 said:

I woke up at three in the morning aching for my bride.  Missing her so very much.  Caleb got up and said he missed Grammy so much.  He said she would make missing Noah better.  It kills me that I can't ease his pain.  

Then I had to take Gracie to the dr as she's been coughing nonstop for several days   She has bronchitis and a double ear infection   

Then the mail came and there was a letter addressed to Mary.  I opened it and it was from a college friend and she doesn't know Mary passed away by her words.  I have to let her know.  That left a horrible taste in my mouth and a heartbreaking feeling in my heart.  

Tomorrow is a new day?  I think I said that yesterday.  😪

So sorry...I know that is hard.  I've had to tell several people about John and it always come as a shock again and realizing these people didn't know....makes me feel like I am just putting it aside because every time I have to tell someone who doesn't know, it's like shock all over again that it's true....hugs to you, Cookie

• Like 1

It was so grueling having to tell Mary's friend of her passing.  She was so sorry that she and Mary had lost touch.  

Im having a rough time.  But the grandkids are keeping me busy.  And who can resist a smile looking at baby Ryan

IMG_2608.PNG

IMG_2610.PNG

IMG_2611.PNG

• Like 3

Both Ryan and Gracie are in the hospital.  Gracie has pneumonia and Ryan has RSV.  He's in the NICU and she's in the pediatric unit.  Both with temps above 103.  They are getting lots of meds.  They have the same dr so they are in the best hands.  

• Like 2

Oh Butch, I am sorry to hear this!  I understand RSV is highly contagious to other little ones so I hope Gracie doesn't come down with it too.  Prayers going up!

Butch, I only know they'll do everything they can for her and am so glad we live in a day with technology/life support to do the job for her until she can.  I'm sending my prayers her way and Marty's (so worried about her with Irma heading her way).  I feel like instead of church service today we just need to pray.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kayc said:

Butch, I only know they'll do everything they can for her and am so glad we live in a day with technology/life support to do the job for her until she can.  I'm sending my prayers her way and Marty's (so worried about her with Irma heading her way).  I feel like instead of church service today we just need to pray.

Kay said what I'm thinking.

My prayers are with you and your family Butch ❤️

And prayers for all of those in danger of Irma. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1