Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost and gone

Michaela Gaskins

Today it has been 7 months since my lab died and 7 months and 5 days since my golden retriever was stolen. I was doing better. I was living life and I was feeling better, but the last week I crashed. I feel so hopeless. I have grieved for Alice, I still miss her but I know she is not suffering, but Piper leaves me with a physical pain in my chest. I'm feeling so many things at once I don't know how to describe it. I just want my dog back, I want her home. I want to hug her and never let go. Sensibility tells me I should let go but my heart tells me to hold on and have hope. I don't know what to do and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it and it hurts.

• Like 2

It's hard we we don't have something definitive to have closure.  It was over a year ago my Miss Mocha disappeared.  I think a wild animal got her, I know she wouldn't leave of her own accord, she was happy here and in great healthy (cat) and I'd had her for 10 1/2 years, although I didn't know her age when I got her.  None of the neighbors saw or knew anything, no one answered my posters.

Although it's hard when they die, we at least get some closure, we can memorialize them and we have a place to come to in their memory.  When they just disappear and we don't get any answers, it's hard, we're left wondering.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  My own dog is 1/2 golden retriever, they're called gentle giants for a reason, such sweet sweet dogs.  Have you tried a grief counselor?  It might be of some help.

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2014/10/pet-loss-when-pet-goes-missing.html

• Like 1

Oh Hon, I don't see how anyone could judge you!  Things happen in life we can't anticipate, you've loved completely and lost utterly...there's nothing to judge about that.

• Like 1