Grief Healing Discussion Groups

To our forum family,

Kay and I received news tonight that Butch’s granddaughter, Gracie, passed away on Monday. Gracie’s precious life was short lived but she had a smile that melted most of our hearts. Butch is not able to come on right now but he knows that you would want to be informed. It is beyond my understanding why so many of Butch’s family members have been taken away from him. For those of us who have known Butch our hearts ache for all he has been through. Grief cannot be solitary so those who wish let us gather around and let the family know we are with them and we will not let them go through this alone. It has been our way of doing things and will continue to be this way. No one goes through this alone. We are here for each other.

Anne

Gracie.JPG

• Like 4

Thank you for letting everyone know, Anne.  I am still having a hard time believing this, like I can't absorb it.  Our little girl that brought us so many smiles, I can't fathom this.  I don't understand, it doesn't seem possible.  Butch, my heart is there with you, I can't even imagine your immense grief, but I care about you, and your kids, and Caleb.  I'm worried how he's doing, how your DIL is doing, how YOU are.

• Like 2

Thank you Anne for posting.  Lord knows my heart couldn't do it but I know so many loved Gracie.  She was the forums girl.  She was Grampys girl.  I'm asking why too.  But no answers.  My heart is just here broken.  Thank you all for loving Gracie.  

Butch ❤️

• Like 8

16 hours ago, R.Everit55 said:

Thank you Anne for posting.  Lord knows my heart couldn't do it but I know so many loved Gracie.  She was the forums girl.  She was Grampys girl.  I'm asking why too.  But no answers.  My heart is just here broken.  Thank you all for loving Gracie.  

Butch ❤️

Thank you for sharing her with us. I know she still exists.  And she still has her adorable smile.  You were blessed to have her, and now bear the pain of another loss, so hard to take, there is no understanding this.  Every one of us wishes we could hug you.

• Like 3

Butch,

I, for one, appreciate your opening up your heart and life to us by sharing Gracie with us.  There's not a one of us that regrets your sharing her with us, she is our little angel.  It's been a shock, losing her, our hearts go out to you in your loss.  If I could take away some of your sorrow and bear it myself, my dear man, I would.  You have expanded our lives by sharing this little bright spot with us and we are all the richer for your having done so.  Hugs and continual prayers...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This video was created to remember a special little angel that touched so many of our lives. It was my gift to Butch and his family and he asked if I would share it with this forum family. Some of the pictures he shared on the forum and others he sent to Kay and me over the year since Gracie’s birth. We continue to mourn with Butch and his family. 

Thank you, Marty, for this safe place we have to come to. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1