Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I accidentally killed my beloved pet.

Lonelywithoutmycat

Yesterday, I was so happy. She's (my cat) peacefully sleeping on my bed while I am singing my favorite song, You are not alone by owl city. I think she's enjoying my voice although it was bad. I mean I don't have a good voice. She's a very lovely cat. So let's fast forward, in the evening my dorm mate was keeping on asking about her phone coz she doesn't know how to do like this that those. So I was about to help her, I went to my room's door and I didn't know that my pet was lying outside the door. I accidentally step on her, I don't know what should I do and how should I react in this kind of situation. It's my fault for being so reckless mother of my pet. I was so irresponsible😖😞 I'm a failure as a pet lover. 😭😧 I can't forget that moment. The moment that I accidentally killed my baby cat. 😭 I don't know what to do and don't know how to respond. 😩 Please suggest if you know what should I do in order to move on. 😭🐈😿 Every time I remember the scene, the voice of someone is popping in my mind saying that, what I have done to the cat was unforgivable!😿 I may sound crazy but I can't myself but to cry. I miss my baby cat 😿🙀 and I'm angry to myself. I can't forgive myself. 😿🙍

(The baby kitten that I accidentally killed is on the right , the one that has a black mark on the back. 😿)

IMG_20170828_093014.jpg

I'm so sorry to learn of the accident that caused the death of your cat, and I hope you will take some time to read through some of the many posts in this forum to see that you are not alone. As animal lovers, we don't intend to bring harm to our precious pets, but the harsh reality is that sometimes, accidents do happen ~ and we are left to deal with the pain of loss and the heavy guilt that follows.

I invite you to read this article, and I hope you will take its suggestions to heart: Grief and The Burden of GuiltNotice, too, the Related Articles and Resources listed at the base, including A Dangerous Villain: Guilt.   

• Like 1

I am so sorry for the loss of your cat and for how it happened, I know it feels horrific to feel responsible for hurting your own animal, although you never would have on purpose.  I had a dog that I once lost because he snuck into my van and I didn't know it and it was closed up all day and he died from the heat.  (I didn't need the vet telling me his brain would have exploded, not an image I can get out.)

The only thing I can tell you is that yes, we feel responsible for our pets, just as little children, but we're human, we can't foresee everything, and sometimes things happen that do have horrid results.  You were undoubtedly a good mom to your cat, loved her, protected her as far as you could see.  You shared good times, she knew you loved her.  These are the things you have to try to remember.  The whole relationship was not that last moment.  Marty just shared the two articles I was going to post for you, I hope you will read them and take them to heart.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting in my post, sharing something and that was one of my help to move on. I will be reading the article you have given to me. I can't stop crying every time I remember how my baby cat died, it's really inevitable. 😞 I hope the time for me....The time that will set me free and i can finally forget about her death and only reminisce the happy times. Thanks again. 

• Like 1