Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Offline awhile

Today is my birthday but it's not starting out well.  Didn't get to sleep at all last night.  Microsoft has usurped all of my data allowance for the month with its cumbersome updates...I'm in a slow speed area, no high speed available.  They don't make concessions for that.  I'm going to send my computer home with my son to put Linux on, so am not sure when I'll get it back.  Just didn't want everyone to wonder where I went.  I'll try to get on line when I can.

• Like 3

THANK YOU FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!

It was a hard weekend but profitable.  My son got the wood stove installed and I've learned how to operate it, it's vastly different from my old one.  No emissions visible from the chimney!  I got my house put back together and cleaned up, I didn't sleep at all Friday night, barely any sleep Saturday night, so was glad to finally get some sleep Sunday night.  No internet today, had to add more data to get me by.  Microsoft is not on my good list right now.  Will get my PC back in two weeks, hopefully can figure out how to set it up, there's a dozen cables or so.  Ugh.  He thinks he might be able to download Windows 7, which would mean it's compatible with my Office.  Otherwise it'll be Linux and I'll have to learn a new program.  It's been years since I've used Linux.  Anything is better than Windows 10 in a slow speed area with limited data.

Heading in to work in a few minutes.  Miss being on here!

• Like 2

It's hit or miss whether I can go on line, still having internet problems even though I updated my laptop elsewhere.  :angry:  Internet company gave me some guy from India who kept repeating questions I'd just answered.  :angry2:  Tried to blame it on my router, bypassed that, it still didn't work, then he blamed my computer.  :o It's crazy, it took me an hour to get on line today.  It may be another month or more before  my computer situation is resolved.  I'm hoping by Christmas.  Starting to get more used to my laptop and finally got my grief bookmarks on my bookmark bar.  They don;'t give you directions beyond "import", it put them in a file but didn't show how to make it in a regular folder that's accessible, I finally stumbled on how to do it.  Wish I remembered what I did as I need to do it again for my PC when I get it back.  Computers!  Not sure if I love or hate them.

• Like 1

Let's just say they're a necessary evil. :D

Kay we are sorry to have missed your birthday but Happy birthday from us just the same. Hopefully in two months we will have more time to read up on what is going on here.

Patty and Steve

• Like 2

And happy birthday to Patty too!