Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What i need to learn

STARKISS

After my parents died i moved in to live with a sister and her family and than after 7 years i moved back to my home town with a friend .  But have realized that i do not know how to understand all the emotions i am feeling.

I do not know how i feel so now i am learning to recognizing what emotion i am feeling  and bow to react to it. 

Sounds childish but i was very sheltered in my life so i never realized what i was truly feelings..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STARKISS said:

After my parents died i moved in to live with a sister and her family and than after 7 years i moved back to my home town with a friend .  But have realized that i do not know how to understand all the emotions i am feeling.

I do not know how i feel so now i am learning to recognizing what emotion i am feeling  and bow to react to it. 

Sounds childish but i was very sheltered in my life so i never realized what i was truly feelings..

I also, led a sheltered life.  The real world and it's challenges are daunting.  Do you have a grief counselor or group? A pastor you can talk to? 

MartyT, has a lot of resources here and there is help available.  In this grief journey there is work to learn about ourselves and how we are to move forward in life.  Death is a shocking realization to all of us and we all need to find tools and resources to deal with the aftermath.  I have leaned that "FEELINGS are not always FACTS" but they lead to the truth about myself and discovery of new areas in my grief journey.  

For me, I feel the feelings, write, journal, talk with a trusted friend or counselor. , come here often to just write out what is swirling in my head.  I'm learning the most difficult part is to take care of myself, heath, food, exercise, sleep, thoughts, stress, .  You will learn what you need to grow and be confident in your grief healing journey as well. - Shalom 

I have learned that feelings are not meant to be a barometer, but they are there so we have to deal with them, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not.  I like this:

13 hours ago, STARKISS said:

i am learning to recognizing what emotion i am feeling

• Like 1