Sign in to follow this  
lattiee

Relationship questions

I'm starting to ponder things about with relationships like when  it deals with people  who you date ,  who you are related too as with outcomes  as for example  like if someone son  had a long term  gf who dumped him down the road broke his heart  which made that  boy mother  be so mad at the girl who hurt her son  it's like with the feeling how dare you destroy my boy like  that but then  her son  ends up  getting back together with the gf  who he marries  down the road  so is it possible to  have a MIL  dislike  her DIL and still hold a grudge against her  for hurting her son ?  

Is it possible  that the DIL  can feel  that dislike of her  and distant herself  from her MIL that she ends up being cold to her MIL but also her own SIL who actually tries to be  nice to her  as in could  the DIL assume  that the SIL feels the same way as her MIL so she distant herself from  her  hubby family that she doesn't even want to connect with her in laws who are with her MIL side ?

So could a change of  relationship  that had a bad beginning  turn  into a loss of  having a positive relationship ?

Is this purely suppositional or are you talking about an actual situation?

Of course a bad beginning can affect a relationship.  It's important to talk things out and forgiveness is essential.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kayc said:

Is this purely suppositional or are you talking about an actual situation?

Of course a bad beginning can affect a relationship.  It's important to talk things out and forgiveness is essential.

I would say both  as  in actual situation that I'm  just  pondering about the actions  of the cause & effect  to relate in  a belief of bad feelings still harboring  and how can it cause problems with the DIL  & SIL  when  the SIL  doesn't  have anything against  the DIL even when the DIL is cold  to  her SIL .

So then  I start wondering  in questionable ways like in  the future  like for example what if I ended up  dealing  with a relationship that gained  step kids  or if a similar thing happened with  my son  how would I  be able to go oh  the past is the past your back together with my son again so I'm happy  that my son  is happy because of that  which is probably what I would think I would  do  

It's important not to harbor grudges.  Forgiveness is essential for OUR soul, lots of times the other person could care less if we forgive them or not, but we don't want to let toxins invade us and change who we are, bitterness takes it's toll in us, so it's important to forgive.  That doesn't mean you let them walk all over you, boundaries are essential too, just leave the door open for healing and a better relationship on down the road if possible.