Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy New Year 2018!

Guest Janka

Wish you all

smileys-cz-54.gif.9d0846aecca5fbf1d4dc5a5cb4291180.gif

With love Janka

Half a leftover ham and Swiss sub, potato chips and a Breaking Bad marathon on AMC.  Wild times here in Seattle.  Odd that the holiday has meaning as it never did before.  We’d only notice if there were firecrackers at midnight.  Just another reminder of happy times for others.  I do wish them a good night.  Turned down a party because......well, I don’t fit.  

But to those that do feel some spirit.......🍷🥂🍕🎼🎉🎊

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

Half a leftover ham and Swiss sub, potato chips and a Breaking Bad marathon on AMC.  Wild times here in Seattle.  Odd that the holiday has meaning as it never did before.  We’d only notice if there were firecrackers at midnight.  Just another reminder of happy times for others.  I do wish them a good night.  Turned down a party because......well, I don’t fit.  

But to those that do feel some spirit.......🍷🥂🍕🎼🎉🎊

Not much spirit here.  Sat up last night and watched the ball drop, then said "Happy New Year's" to my dog....so aware of John being so gone.  The bottom did not fall out, but just a baseline sadness as usual.  I also didn't feel celebratory, as in parties.  It's such a couple's holiday.  We never did much other than having a nice dinner together, John would play his guitar or harmonica, and we would watch the ball drop together and always kiss and tell each other how lucky we were to be together.  Wishing for peace in this new year for myself and all of you....Cookie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That is the most well organized fireworks I've ever seen.

Spent NYE alone watching fave movie, The Godfather, followed by my regular meditation on Susan. In my previous life we would usually go to the early fireworks, which were cancelled due to cold this year, and not do much but wait till midnite, drink some sparkling cider, and say loving things about the past and coming years. Part of the meditation is remembering the good times, and just being close like that is what I miss more than any big event.  Now like I said elsewhere,  I don't know whether to say it's good to be out of the worst year of my life  or even sadder to be entering the first year without any Susan. 

Susan's sister Emily and husband Ted came today and I cooked our favorite Christmas dinner of cod and lentils, despite it being New Years.  Was first time I've cooked for anyone but myself since 3/31. Susan would make the place look nice, get out the good dishes etc so I had to do some exploring and take some non-🐼 actions. Was good with lots of loving talk about Susan.

Best wishes to all for 2018.

• Like 2