Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Maui Pasta Arizona made it at last

KATPILOT

To say life is an adventure would be an understatement.  Today Patty officially opens her restaurant after five months of really exhausting work and in the midst of the anniversary dates of when Kathy and Ron left us. Or did they really? I know Ron is looking on to see his dream still alive. I know that to do something for emotional reasons is not logical but we did it just the same. Sometimes things are just that important. 

Mahalo Baby

thumbnail_20180310_155700.jpg

thumbnail_20180310_170159.jpg

thumbnail_20180310_155450.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wishing you the best with this hard-worked-for venture!  Wish I could eat there!  Maybe someday...  :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MartyT said:

And I DO notice the beautiful painting on the wall ;)

Is that one of Laura's?  It sure fits in with Maui!

And I DO notice the beautiful painting on the wall ;)

That is the painting that started all this happening.  When Patty posted that painting on our website as a possible donation for our art auction a little over a year ago I knew I just had to have it. I did buy it at the art auction and asked her if I could have a gicle made of it. I then told her she would get that painting back one day expecting to keep the copy for myself because I knew how important that painting is to her. Well, she has it back again. Funny how that all worked out.  The painting next to it is one Patty did in Maui as well and the large paintings  in the dining room are hers as well. She painted them two months ago and we had them enlarged on canvass as well. There is a lot of Maui Pasta Maui in the place which some is quite connected to Ron. It is a very spiritual place indeed. On Valentines day Patty gave me a portrait she did of Kathy painting it late at night after I had gone to sleep.

thumbnail_20180306_175524.jpg

• Like 3

Finally, the place is so inviting. I look forward to my first meal there and to visit with both of you. I'm all set to taste Patty's Alfredo sauce.

I agree with you Steve ~ it is a very spiritual place and I'm so glad it's right here in Arizona. The paintings are so nice. 

Anne 

• Like 2

Oh, I remember that now, I couldn't believe she'd part with it!  Funny how it's back with her now!  :D

• 4 months later...

Dearest Patty and Steve,

Wishing you a very Happy First Wedding Anniversary on the 18th of this month. So much has happened in your lives during this past year. You both are an encouraging sign that love can happen after a great loss. I believe that it is the love you have for Kathy and Ron that makes what the two of you share today so magical. I am so happy for you and I send my love to both of you. You are indeed an inspiration to those of us who are grieving the loss of a significant other.

Love to both of you,

Anne

happy-wedding-anniversary-wishes-photos-for-facebook-friends.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you Anne and everyone of our friends here. I wish I could describe the powerful and emotional time our three days off were. It sure has been a while since we woke up on our own without that 4 am alarm. Being in a cabin on a mountain could not have been more peaceful and rejuvenating. 

thumbnail_IMG_2653.jpg

thumbnail_20180717_130454.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful, I love Pine trees, my favorite!  Patty looks well rested here, I'm glad you got some time away together!  Happy Anniversary, hard to believe it's been a whole year!

• Like 2

I had the most wonderful experience last night that makes all the hard work so worthwhile. Thanks to an article in the Arizona Republic and Gazette that came out about our restaurant we saw a huge increase in customers. The heading was "Italian restaurant's story combines love, pasta" which told the story of a dream "Ron's dream", and how through loss came love and a new beginning. People reacted and came to see the story in real time. While serving tables I was stopped by some people who asked if I was the owner. I stated that no I just married the cook. It took ten minutes of listening to their praise of the food and service which left me with a feeling I cannot describe. People came to see how a love between Patty and I could have happened. They affirmed my belief that people thrive on a love story more than politics or world affairs. Perhaps this country still has more love in it's heart than hate. Perhaps there is still hope for a future which seemed so uncertain and full of fear. 

"All you need is love"

John Lennon

I will never understand why Kathy and Ron had to die so young but I do know that they led us to each other and with their love for us came a new beginning,  just keeping the dream alive.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

So excited for you Steve and Patty. I saw the article and was so glad Marty found it online. Thanks for posting it, Marty. This is such a 'feel good' story. It makes me happy every time I read something about your love story. It's good for our soul to have something to be happy about. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KATPILOT said:

They affirmed my belief that people thrive on a love story more than politics or world affairs.

And that is easy to understand!  I'll skim quickly over the depressing details of section A that I feel ineffectual to change, but I applaud the story Marty shared!  It tells the bare details, but we know there was much to it...if I ever get to Scottsdale, and I hope I do, this will be one of my first stops!  

• Like 1