Grief Healing Discussion Groups

You're Invited: Student seeks participation in survey

This invitation comes to us from a high school student who is eager to learn more about grief and the effects of online grief support:

Grief research    

Hello!

My name is Emma and I'm a junior in a high school in North Carolina. I'm writing a research paper about the positive effects that online communities can have on grieving people. I'm not bereaved myself, so naturally I'd like to hear from people who are. However, I also know that the Grief Healing forums aren't really my space, and I don't want to intrude on your community. I'm still learning about grief and the grieving process and I absolutely don't want to end up being insensitive or hurtful, so I'm emailing you. I was wondering if you would be willing to make a post somewhere with a link to my survey so that forum members can respond to it if they choose to. The link to the survey is here: https://goo.gl/forms/v6a4AVI5Akm4Ccxm1 

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this email. I just really feel that I can't write my paper without getting the opinions of people in an online grief community. 

Thank you!

• Like 2

Thank you, Marty, I took part in it.  It's pretty simplistic, I don't think anyone would have a hard time answering the questions.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your comment, Kay, and for your taking part in Emma's survey. If a high school student is this interested in learning more about grief and what the bereaved consider to be supportive (or not), I think she deserves as much participation as we can offer.

• Like 1

I also felt that Emma's interest at such an early age deserved my response to her research paper.  Her questions were straightforward and should help her.  How wonderful that our young people are thinking about the elderly. Here in AZ, some high school students are spending time with HOV activities and I think this is great. 

• Like 1