Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A new granddaughter.. thinking of grandpa Angel

Hi all.. it’s late here.. flying home tomorrow from seeing my new grand daughter... this is the first grandchild I welcome and embraced without Kev :-/.. she’s beautiful and all is well for mommy and baby ❤️

I had a place in the river for a few days during my visit .. watched the sunshine sparkle on the water and the cardinals in the yard..

Sunshine on my shoulders ... played in my mind .. thought of Kev... as I always do ..

New granddaughter has Grandpa Angel watching over her ... 

Hugs dear friends... sending blessings and love out to all.. Marie 

8E4E52DE-206A-4D9B-8CB8-88C75DA71E0A.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I know exactly how you are feeling,I am sure he is smiling down on that new qrandbaby , even though not physically here Kevin is was most definitely there with you sharing in the love of a new life,my daughter had her second child a year ago first one alone for me to so biter sweet, enjoy her hugs!!

• Like 3

Even though it's always bittersweet going through the special events without our spouse, congratulations on your new grandbaby!  Being a grandma is the greatest!

• Like 1

I wasn't able to see my kids on Mother's Day, but have arranged someone to feed Arlie so I can visit my son and grandkids June 1 weekend.  Now for energy to keep up with them!  We're going to do a hike at Silver Falls.  Normally I'd be doing books for the church on the 1st but my work will have to pile up and wait for me for after the weekend!  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I posted about it in positives thread, I have a picture of me with my grandkids, you'll have to take a look.  I had a good visit with my son, we stayed up until 11:30 Friday night talking (and I usually go to be at 8 or 8:30!).  :D  

• Like 1

Congratulations for your new granddaughter.  Billy got to  rock all three of his grandchildren.

Billy only saw pictures of our great-grandchildren.  Years ago (she is a teenager now) when I saw her picture I cried.  I wish they had been closer so he could have rocked them and loved them.  Somehow, when he left it took something away besides his physical self.  I used to be loving but met the first child a few days after Billy had left, in fact they moved in with me and I moved out.  His "I am you and you are me" still holds, but somehow I lost the good part of me and I have no desire to kindle familiarity with people he would have loved knowing.  I still feel that way this many years/months later.  Now they are many miles away on the other side of the USA and I cannot really travel anymore.   

me.jpg

• Like 1