Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Hope I'm Normal

sufferindon

hi Not sure what i'm feeling today I just know the numbness is starting to be better then it used to be. It's only been 4 weeks since my passed away.

But I feel as though God is giving me the strenght to move ahead.

Yesterday a neighbor kid came to the door looking for my step son. I had to explain to her that his mom my wife has passed away and he does not live here any more. At first i was upset thiswas afte she had left, but then realized she had no idea. I felt god about the way i handled my self.

Then later on that night I got phone call from a business looking for my wife and I had to inform them that she had passed away. Last week i think I could of not handled this very well but today I can talk about it freely. I still cry and I miss her with all my heart. I just hope this means that I am beginning to heal. I am going to my first group meeting tomorrow with Hospice of the Valley. So we shall see how that goes. Thanks for listening or reading. Don

• 2 years later...

Dear SufferinDon,

What you are feeling at this point of your grief journey is perfectly normal.. People grief in many different ways and no one grieves the same way... What might happen with you may not happen with someone else.. So give your self time to go through your grief journey and love yourself.... Take care and I will keep you in my prayers Shelley

Don,

I'm so sorry for your loss and the reminders that will crop up. It does make it hard. I think you handled it very well and that you are on the right road to handling your grief. It is also really good that you are going to a support group meeting. I think that will help a lot. Good luck.

Hugs,

Shell

Hi Don, I can remember in the first few weeks after mum passed, that her computer when switched on would automatically sign in msn messenger.So I owuld look at my computer to see "Margaret has just signed in"

Made me howl but Doyou think I could delete her ? no.... shes still there, but never signed in anymore.

I think the day to day stuff gets easier, its the shock reminders like that, that I find hard.

regards

Bee

Don,

Just wanted to let you know that even five years later things can trigger odd reactions...happened to me Saturday. I saw a friend I haven't seen since the funeral(five years ago August31)and my stomach did the whole butterfly thing...I was able to tell him I was ok though and didn't even get teary eyed....Putting all the pieces together from a broken heart can take lots of time...take care.