Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Really Down Today

STARKISS

Hi All,

I am really, really down today. I do not know what cause this but I just feel so very emotional... I do not want to cry because if I do I will not be able to stop... I just want to be over this so bad and it seems to never end... It has been over a year since I lost my mom and dad and I just can not seem to do anything to move on... I have been going for counselling but just stopped because I had to hard of time to find a time to see her.... I do not know anything else that I can do.... Shelley

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shelley, I really can't give you any advise because I'm in a really bad place myself. But I'm reading and trying to keep going. Once in a while, something one of you says gives me a tiny bit of hope. It's all we can really do for now, I think. We are all here, on and off probably, not always writing but here-- understanding.

Has Jamie written, does anyone know? Anyone know how she's doing? I haven't seen any posts from her. Laurie

shelley

I think it is in the air really I am so down and out today and yesterday I hardly got out of bed yesterday I got outlong enough to read the paper and drink a cup of coffee and back in bed all day really I just had this odd feeling in me like I was lost and not knowing a thing and today well le me tell you about today. I am lost so bad that I can not think I did not even want to get out of bed and than coming to work its like it took every ounce I had to get dressed and that was a chore and I usually get dressed and look really good but today I do not care Likeyesterday I never een got out of my PJ's. I feel sick to my stomach and can not think I am lost and alone man it does not feel good it hurts even worse.

I feel like I am miss placed and not needed just lost and alone. I hate that feeling

I have not been to this site that much lately just been real busy and I thought I would be ok but its like one second we are ok and the next second we are hurting so bad. The tears are flowing that the ocean is no match for me. I thought I was getting better I guess thats what I get for thinking huh. I just want to go home and get in bed and cry really just cut loose with the tears. I never thought a person could cry so much. and its the beginning of the holiday season and I am this messed up already oh no I am in for it huh? How are we going to get through this I am not one for councling and I am not one for medicine so my options are slim to none huh? what about anything natural does anybody have anything that I can go buy froma vitimn store or am I out of luck.

Thanks

Haley

To all those who are down today before I let myself get too down I MAKE myself get up and get one thing accomplished...just one thing makes the difference...even if I feel like I'm in a fog while I'm doing whatever it is I know that I'm not totally lost. I hope you can feel better, I will keep you in my thoughts...

Dear Haley,

You could try SAM-e &/or 5-HTP, either each alone, or in combination. Ask at the health food store or vitamin store about how to use them. Then there's always St. John's Wort (but it's usually only really effective for mild depression), Valerian &/or Chamomile teas ( and quite a few others), several kinds of essential oils for lifting the spirits (ask for advice on those as well, as it can be very individual and shouldn't be used around cats if you have any ), certain tried and true homeopathics for grief, etc. and flower essences can also be used with any other substance as well. There's a whole gamut of natural substances that have been proven to help, but you need to go out and ask about them (or Google stuff), as it's not as easy as taking a pill and leaving it to others to determine what you should take...but since you asked, I assume you're interested in this safer, more natural route and I'm a great proponent of these more ancient ways of healing. Many of them helped us keep our fur-baby alive and doing very well overall, for several more years than she'd been given by the allopathic vets, so no one can tell ME they don't work well.

Oh, and don't forget the basics: plenty of Vit.C, multi B Vit's, calcium and magnesium, a GOOD multiple vit., immune system boosting supplements, and as much rest, water and healthy (not junky) food as you can manage, and exercise in some form, if and when you can muster it.

Edited by Maylissa

It's strange, but I have noticed a lot of us feeling really down right now! I think it's something in the air! Maybe the change of season? I've been feeling this way for about a week and for no reason...no NEW reason, I should say. Nothing in particular to feel more down about, I just do.

Hugs to all,

Shell

Hi Chickyfarmgirl,

Thank you so very much for responding to my post, It is very nice to know that their are people out there that know how you are feeling... I hope you have a peacefully day and Take care Shelley

Hi Laurie,

Thank you so very much for replying to my post, It is special when people share their own personal thoughts with others, Take care Shelley

It's strange, but I have noticed a lot of us feeling really down right now! I think it's something in the air! Maybe the change of season? I've been feeling this way for about a week and for no reason...no NEW reason, I should say. Nothing in particular to feel more down about, I just do.

Hugs to all,

Shell

I agree, Shell. Seems like we've all hit a bump lately. Here in Illinois, the days are growing shorter. It's dark when I go to work and it's dark when I come home. This coming Sunday we change time as well. Then it will be dark even quicker next week! <_< So I try to go for a walk on my lunch break in order to get some fresh air and sunshine. That does help a little.

I'm just not looking forward to Christmas this year.

Wishing everybody comfort and peace,

Leann

Leann,

Yeah, I think the combination of the upcoming holidays and the shorter days is a big part of our funky moods! We are changing our Christmas rituals a little this year and I think it will help. Maybe for those of us without children we just need to do something different for the holidays. Just change a couple of things and maybe it will lift some of the tension.

Hugs,

Shell

Thanks Leann,

I think that could be what is up with me, I think I might take a friend's advice and go on a cruise for the holidays because it would be something totally different and maybe that is just what I need... Take care Shelley

I find changes of the seasons very sad now that my Mom has passed. When Spring came and all the flowers she had planted years ago came up I felt really sad that she wasn't here to see them, then Summer came and it was hard too, now Fall is here with all its changing colours (spell it that way as I am Canadian) and the burning bushes she planted yrs ago are a beautiful red which she always loved. I think the changes of the seasons are a reminder on how time is passing and our loved ones are gone -- a reminder of how LONG they have been gone -- it's sort of a cruel reality reminder. Make sense? I don't really know how to say this so I hope everyone gets what I mean here. Love and hugs

I find changes of the seasons very sad now that my Mom has passed. When Spring came and all the flowers she had planted years ago came up I felt really sad that she wasn't here to see them, then Summer came and it was hard too, now Fall is here with all its changing colours (spell it that way as I am Canadian) and the burning bushes she planted yrs ago are a beautiful red which she always loved. I think the changes of the seasons are a reminder on how time is passing and our loved ones are gone -- a reminder of how LONG they have been gone -- it's sort of a cruel reality reminder. Make sense? I don't really know how to say this so I hope everyone gets what I mean here. Love and hugs

hi whiteswan, I get what you mean.That was what I was trying to get at by playing "Seasons in the Sun" at mums funeral. Apart from a couple of verses that didn't app;y to mum"I was the black sheep of the family " etc most of the song expressed what i think you are trying to say.

If you get a chance, play the song, but expect to bawl your eyes out. I haven't listened to it since the funeral.

regards

Bee

Thank You All,

For sharing your stories and your personal touches to this post. I have so very happy I found this site and the people hear really do care... Thanks to all of you and here are several big hugs too. Take care Shelley

There's nothing wrong with crying. Crying is how we move through grief. I know it feels like it will never stop, but it will. I found that it was painful to get into those crying sessions, but I actually felt better afterwards. Don't be afraid to let go and cry. My grief counselor says, Cry and cry until you're dry.

Hi AnnC,

Thank you for replying to my post, It is so very nice to know there are people out there who really do understand what you are going through and care about how you are feeling... Thanks again and God Bless You Take care Shelley

Hi All,

I am not doing very well today, I have slipped back and have been crying for two days now... I am really missing my mom and dad and missing my childhood home as well... I do not think I will ever be able to call where I am now home... I miss my beloved Chelsea my yellow lab as well.... I just can not think about anything but wanting my mom and dad to come back to me and living in my childhood home.... This is really weird since it has been over a year since my parents have died.... It will be a year on November first since I have lived in my old house.... I just saw my beloved Chelsea just two weeks ago but I miss her ever so much.... Heart broken and depressed Shelley

Thanks Leann,

I think that could be what is up with me, I think I might take a friend's advice and go on a cruise for the holidays because it would be something totally different and maybe that is just what I need... Take care Shelley

Hey, Shelley.....A cruise....wow! That sounds wonderful. :)

Hugs,

Leann

Hi All,

It is so hard to believe there are so many people who are feeling this way. I hope that if everyone said a special prayer for all of us we can find a way to get ourselves out of this feeling.... Take care all and Thank you for replying and trying to make me feel a little better Shelley

Hi All,

Today seemed a little brighter, I think now that I have been here in the new house for a year I am beginning to feel a little more comfortable... I still miss my old house and of course my mom and dad... But I seem to have a little better of a day.... Take care All and Good night Shelley

Hi All,

Today seemed a little brighter, I think now that I have been here in the new house for a year I am beginning to feel a little more comfortable... I still miss my old house and of course my mom and dad... But I seem to have a little better of a day.... Take care All and Good night Shelley

Hi, Shelley: I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better today! :) Here in Illinois, the sun was shining today after three solid days of rain. It was so good to see the sun; it helped my spirits somewhat. Take good care.

Hugs,

Leann

Hi All,

As I was walking the my neice and two nephews to school, We saw a raccoon get hit by a car. Someone who also saw it happen called police and they came and watched over the raccoon as it was not killed until animal control came to take it away.... The children and I continue toward school... The children asked where they would take the raccoon and I said somewhere where they could take care of it... What a morning but so far not a bad afternoon... Take care Shelley