Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Flying Again

STARKISS

we are thinking about going to disney in the summer at the end of june and be there around my moms death anniversay. my husband thinks it will be good for me to be busy during this time. i am not sure how i feel about it.

anyway have a great time. enjoy yourself you deserve it. lori

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I am emailing you All to tell you that I am back at home and I made it through the eight days... I cried a little at first on the plane but I just told people I had something in my eyes... The first six days we all stayed together eventhough my brother in law really did not like it my sister told him that she wanted me to have a good time.... The last two days we broke up and did our own think and it was okay because It being my first time I saw things I wanted to see and the things they had all ready saw.... I also loved getting my picture taken with all the charcters which they had done many times before.... Except for the flight home It was a truly amazing time and being stuck with my brother in law went okay with only a few problems.... He even bought me a tropical drink too... The flight home was a little too warm and we took off one hour later than first planned and that meant we arrived one hour later and than it was snowing in Toronto so we were slow getting off the plane and the luggage seemed to take forever to getting to us... It ended up making us arrive in our house at 2am in the morning instead of midnight... My neice was ill coming home and the two boys slept most of the way... So I am so glad to be home again but I am so glad!!!!! I did go.... Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes Shelley

Shelley,

I'm so glad you had a good time. I thought about you many times this passed week. I live in South Louisiana. We had nothing but rain. I hope you had better weather than us. I'm glad you found a way to enjoy it with the jerk. With all our prayers going your way from this site, you were bound to have a GREAT time.

Trudy

Thank you LoriS,

It was certainly nice of you to reply, I do appreciate every word you wrote and all the good wishes you sent... Take care and Thanks again Shelley

Hi Trudy1964,

I want to thank you for your kindness and your well wishes, The answer to the weather is that most of the days were mid 70s and we did get one rainy day and one pretty cool day but I just made the best of things... Thanks for everything you wrote Take care Shelley

Hi Shell,

Thank you for your kindness and all your well wishes, I really can not express how much it means to me that I have a family here on this site... I had a time where I could actually smile and not feel guilty about doing it... I hope that everyone in this website family has this happen to them... Take care Shelley

Hi Lorikelly,

Thank you for your kindness and support during the time before my trip, As I said to Shell, I had actually a time last week where I could smile and not feel guilty about doing it... I really appreciate everything you have done for me... Take care Shelley

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Here I go again, I have been asked to visit an old friend in Arizona in the early fall... I just do not know about flight by myself yet... Just the thought of flying again makes me sick... What can I do? I do want to see these people... Shelley

Shelley,

I agree with Lori. Try to go if you think you can make it, because I think it would be so good for you to see old friends. Besides, you might meet someone intersting on the plane who will make the trip more pleasant.

Hugs,

Shell

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Eventhough my plans fell through for the last trip, I have planned another Disney trip for January... I really had a great time there and it would have been somewhere my mom would have loved to go... I might start a yearly thing with going there... Take care Shelley

Shelley

Thats great to go to Disney again. we are real disney lovers. we try to go everyother yr. we went this june and had a great time. i won't go back in the summer to hot. i have a trip planned in nov for 4 days to williamsburg va. my boys are off from school. in june we hope to go to Georgia or maybe texas. my dad was from Texas. i hate flying so i try to go where we can drive to. however texas is far so i would have to think about flying.

Lori

Thanks Derek. I thought it would be much further. My dad made his last trip there the yr before he died. He was in his mid seventies and drove straight through. Never stopped, i was so worried. He never worried . He loved going back and never lost his drawl. he had live up in the north since his twenties but his voice could tell you he came from someplace else. he will be gone 7 yrs this jan, where has the time gone. i thought it would be nice to see where he came from. i never meet any of his family, i probably have alot of cousins. Lori

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am planning to return to the place where my mom died... I am returning to Las Vegas in May of 2008... I think it will be a good think and help me move forward more with my grief... I just hope I do not cause any scenes with crying or anything.... Take care All and I will keep you posted.... Shelley

Hi Shell,

Thank you for your reply, but I am really thinking that I am going to back out... I just do not know if I can face it, The place where my mom died... I think it has too many memories of my mom and I would just think of her all the time I was there.... Who knows???

Shelly,

That might be what you need to do to work through this. I know for myself, I ran from thinking about Karen last year as long as I could. Now I am having a lot of emotions coming up and am having to really look at things. It is difficult and sometimes painful but I know that I need to do it to get better. I have made some progress since I have stated to allow myself to feel the pain and saddness.

Love always

Derek

Derek,

Do you feel comfort in that now, Derek or do you wish you would have moved?

You know I wonder when it is all over if I can move if I would?

I know it has got to be so lonely for you, I think when a man is left it is so very sad, due to the fact that the woman usually does cooking and cleaning(notice I said usually) and it is so hard to have to carry all of that anyway, and then to loose your love.

I just don't know if it is best to be removed or be there like we are- sometimes in our situation there is no choice....

Love,

Rosanne

You know, I think I find confort in it. It was only recently that I was able to clean her stuff out of the closet. I worked last year on some projects that she wanted done. Also, I think that for my son it was better to try and keep as much as possible the same. To change to another house, another school, so on and so forth would have been too much for him. Yes it is difficult having to do it all, I usually helped with the cleaning, I already did the laundry other than folding it. I did the dishes, gave Carson a bath. But like you said, I helped with those things now there is no help. Carson could help with some but when it comes to cleaning and cooking it is just easier and faster for me to do it. I do miss coming home and dinner be cooking. Eventually I might move, I would love to get into a brand new house someday as the one we are in now was used when we bought it. Right now I still see the house as ours rather than mine and until I can see it differently or I am ready to have a house to call just mine I will continue to stay here. Also the advantage is when I refinance next year I will have a 15 year note rather than getting into a new house and go back to 30 years or more. About the only thing right now will be if the neighbor hood starts getting into gangs and the crime rate sky rockets, then I will move without hesitation.

Love always

Derek