Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Very Lonely Right Now

Hi All,

I have not slept since I moved from Bowmanville through the night... I have had prescription drugs but I hate taking them... Doctor wants me to find someone to talk to about what is going on in my life because she feels it is either stress or I am bottling up too much.... I am seeing her again to get help finding someone... Take care Shelley

Hi Lorikelly,

Thank you for your reply, I am trying to find time to sit down and discussion things with someone but working such long hours most therapist around me are not open late... So this is the problem right now for me... Take care Shelley

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Here I am coming up to the 4th anniversary of the death of my mom, I still have trouble sleeping through the night... I try hard to find different ways to make me sleep better like taking walks, having a hot bath going in the hot tub, drinking something warm, cuddling up with a good book... Some days are better than others but maybe some day I will sleep through the night but for now I am thankful for the sleep I do get.. Take care Shelley

• 2 weeks later...
I have been something of a hermit since Chandra's death too. But I am gradually adding little activities that get me out of the house. I walk the dogs every day, and that is wonderful therapy, but it's also something I do alone. To get out with other people I am volunteering two days a week to walk with developmentally challenged adults at a nearby center. It only takes an hour or so each day, so it doesn't require a huge time commitment. And I find it very helpful. I've even met a woman who I think I could become friends with. This is only a summer activity, so I decided to sign up to volunteer someplace else too. Next week I am going to the local library for an orientation. The library has always been special to me. Even as a child, it was a place I could go and lose myself in other worlds and other people's lives. These are small steps, as we talked about before, but each is another step forward.

There is a wonderful quote by Victor Frankl that you might find insightful as you look for ways to combat your loneliness: "When we can no longer change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

Deborah

I just lost my wife 3/12/09 and have been looking for answers to deal with the way this has affected me. You quoted Victor Frankl and a rush came over my brain because I read his book "Man's Search for Meaning" @ 40 years ago. What a thing. Bless YOU,

gatorman

Hi All,

Yes it is me again, I am finding the weekends a little better since the weather is getting warmer... I make myself go to the mall or the movies, eventhough it is always alone I still seem to get through it with out much sadness.. I would like it to be with someone but I am okay for now... Take care Shelley

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I was just wondering if other people have felt extremely lonely and if so how did they help themselves get out of this feeling... I have tried so very much and still feel so very lonely I just figure I am going crazy because I just can not get this feeling to go away... Please help Shelley

I wish I could tell you how not to be lonely but what i can tell you is YOU ARE NOT GOING CRAZY!!! I think I'm going to be lonely forever but I will say being around by 3 year old niece yesterday, although sad, when she kept asking for Uncle David. It did make me feel less alone for a minute.

Hang in there, we are here for each other (Thank God)

Thank you Davidsgirlstill,

I really want to thank you for your kindness, I do not know what I would have done without this website and without Marty and all the wonderful people here... I hope that this website would be here for all who need it... I hope if you need some one to listen I will be here to do so for you as well take care Shelley

Hi HOV Family,

I just wanted to thank you all for being here for me when I needed someone... I have doing so much better eventhough the fourth anniversary is coming up I look back and see how much I really have gone through and think wow did I survive all that... I still have those days and I guess I will always will but thank you all for the patience and the kindness... I will continue to post and I will be here for those who need a friendly ear.... Shelley