Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Any Fri/sun Support Groups?

Hi All,

I've been looking for a support group in the Phoenix area that meets on Fridays or Sundays. Due to my busy schedule these are the only days I have available. My mom passed away very suddenly at the end of march and I think I'd be able to get through this a lot better meeting with a group in person. At first I thought I'd be okay just posting, but this has really started to take a toll on me. I'm 23, going to school, working full time, and trying to get a customed to living without my mom. I've been pretty strong over the past couple months, but lately I get welled up at the drop of a dime. People are always telling me that I don't have to be strong. But really, yes I do have to be strong; I've still got to get up each morning, I've still got to get to class and do my studies, I've still got to get my butt to work and have a chipper face while I'm there. So if anyone has coping suggestions and most importantly if you know of a Fri/Sun group please let me know. Thanks!

"Chuckles"

:huh:

Hi Chuckles,

You will find a schedule of all the "in person" support groups sponsored by Hospice of the Valley here: Hospice of the Valley Bereavement Services (Once there, click on the link entitled Hospice of the Valley Grief Support Groups.)

In addition, since you're looking for a group that meets on a particular day of the week, you can always contact the HOV Bereavement Office for a referral to a group that fits your schedule, even if it's not sponsored by HOV. Just telephone the office, at 602-530-6970, and someone there will be happy to help you.

Be sure to see the articles, books and online resources listed on the Death of a Parent page of my Grief Healing Web site as well.