Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Afraid

Marga

Lost mom to cancer in Aug.

I'm afraid that I don't know how to move forward. I don't want to be depressed, but I feel pressure in my chest. Stress..

Everything is going nuts... I came here in hope to find ... I don't know help. I read the titles of the threads and I feel overwhelmed my sadness.. Is this a depressing place? Is this a healthy place...I'm so scared

My dear Marga,

There isn’t a person here who cannot relate to what you are feeling. Grief is different for each of us, because each of us is a unique individual with our own distinct personality, gender, background, set of life experiences and resources, and each of us had our own unique relationship with the loved one who has died – but certain elements of grief are common to us all: feelings of fear, anxiety, sorrow, uncertainty, and being overwhelmed, for example, just as you describe.

You say you’ve read the titles of the threads at our site, but I want to encourage you to go further than that. I can assure you that here you have found a warm and loving place of comfort, caring and support – but the best way for you to find that out is to take the risk of entering the various forums and reading the touching messages that are written here. If you take this risk, you will discover that you are not alone. In the Loss of a Parent Forum you will meet others who understand and appreciate the agony of losing a parent to death, and who are searching for the same consolation and understanding that you yourself are seeking.

It takes great courage to push past your fear and reach out to others for help, and you are not alone in your fear. To see but one example of this, go back to this site’s main page, scroll down the list of forums, and click on Loss of a Spouse, Partner, or Significant Other. Then click on the topic entitled Double Shot and read the messages posted in that thread.

I am so very sorry to learn that the death of your mother was what brought you to us, Marga, but I think if you decide to "come in" and stay with us for a while, you will find this to be a very loving, supportive place, and I do hope you will feel welcome here.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

• 11 months later...

HI, I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT THIS IS A GREAT PLACE AND I TOO FEEL FEAR AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GO ON EITHER I JUST TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. I LOST MY MOM APRIL 18, 2005 AND I HAVE LOST MY DAD AUGUST 25, 2005 AND I WAS TOLD TO GET ON WITH THE GRIEVING AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW. I KNOW I HAVE TO COMPLETE THE JOURNEY BUT I NEED SOME HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE IT OR ARE DOING IT SO I TOO CAN GET THROUGH THIS THANK YOU MARTY T FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND WITH THE HELP OF THE FORUMS WE WILL ALL GET THROUGH THE GRIEF WE ARE FEELING TOGETHER. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS