Grief Healing Discussion Groups

10 Dating Tips For Widows, Widowers

MartyT

10 Dating Tips for Widows and Widowers
by Abel Keogh

Dating again after the death of a spouse can be an awkward experience. It can bring out feelings of guilt and betrayal for the person dating again. It can also bring out feelings of confusion and concern from friends, family, and those who were close to the deceased spouse.

If you’ve lost a spouse and are looking to date again, here are 10 tips to make sure you’re able to successfully navigate the dating waters. Read on: http://opentohope.com/hope/dealing-with-gr...ers-needs-edit/

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Marty! Those are wonderful, simple tips.

I am just beginning to date after losing John. While my feelings for John aren't totally dissipated, I realize it'll take time to completely heal. I made such a huge mistake in jumping into my relationship with him after George died, and I realize I went into it for the wrong reasons...I was in so much pain, hurting and lonely, and was extremely vulnerable. This time I am in no hurry to have a "relationship" with anyone, I'm not even sure I want one. I remain open to possibilities but have no real "agenda" other than to make friends, expand my horizon, and have positive enjoyable times. I feel much healthier and happier inside. I wish I would have known these truths before, but perhaps I wouldn't have been ready to listen to them then, perhaps I needed this path to learn, as painful and arduous a journey as it's been.

We appreciate your looking out for us!

Kay

And my dear Kay, how generous and loving you are to be sharing so openly and honestly what you are learning with all the rest of us. Your contributions to this site, and to this forum in particular, are invaluable. Bless your kind and caring heart :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Marty, I read the article to the last letter, though I am in a relationship, it fit me to a tee in the beginning, I wished I read that first!

Thanks so much for this site and your imput Marty, pls say hi to David Sanchez if you see him, his mark is with me to this day!

Blessings,