Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grandchild

In the midst of the gloom, depression, and frustrations that I feel, is this precious little person, my only Granddaughter, Maddy. I am convinced that she is here to help me through the pain in my life. She was born out of wedlock and now she and her Mom live with us, as well as my other 2 remaining adult children. No matter how sad or frustrated I get, Maddy comes in with that "Hi Mammy" and the pain turns to a focus on this precious little girl. She is no angel. She can literally through attitude but she has so much love for me. Something that I don't really feel from the rest of my family. I'm dreading the day that they get their own place and she isn't here to cheer me up. I love her so, so, much as I'm sure everyone with grandchildren feels. A really big sparkle of joy in my life.

• 6 months later...

i know the feeling of a grandchild bringing you so much love and joy into your life my grandson came into this world on dec 14th 2009 and i never seen so much happiness enter into my life he brought us joy for three months and sadley passed away on march 23rd 2010

Dear Damion's Grandma,

I am so very sorry for your loss ~ I can only imagine the depth of your pain. Please accept our deepest sympathy for the death of your beloved grandson Damion, and know that we are holding you close.

I share these resources with you in hopes that, as you read them, you will find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone:

Dear Conner, A Grandmother's Pain (Book by Sherry Van Pelt)

Forgotten Tears: A Grandmother's Journey Through Grief (Book by Nina Bennett)

Grandmother Shares Story of Double Loss (Article by Sherry Van Pelt)

Grandparent Grief (Article)

Grandparent Grief Articles, Resources from Kota Press

A Grandparent's Sorrow (Booklet)

Grandparents' Grief -- Who Is Listening? by Mary Lou Reed

The Grief of Grandparents by Helen Fitzgerald

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

i know the feeling of a grandchild bringing you so much love and joy into your life my grandson came into this world on dec 14th 2009 and i never seen so much happiness enter into my life he brought us joy for three months and sadley passed away on march 23rd 2010

Dear Damions grandma,

I am so sorry for your loss. Iknow and feel your pain. When people tell me "be glad you never really got to know your grandchildren because they were infants", I tell them death at any age is devasting and the love and joy you have for grandchildren do not know age boundaries.