Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It Makes Me Mad

mad.gif I am so tired of people telling me that because I am young, I will find someone else. Have any of them ever thought that maybe I don't want to? Maybe just maybe I really loved my husband and getting rid of his memory like an old pair of socks is something I won't do. He was my second marriage and I counted my blessings to have him for the short time I did, but I wish these people would just button their lips and leave me alone. I have my children to look after, a new life to build, the last thing on my mind is finding someone else. What is wrong with these insensitive people. I loved John and I still do, for goodness sakes he's only been gone for 13 weeks and 2 days.

(Sorry, I just had to rant and rave for a bit. Is there any1 else out there who has gone thru this?)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

yes I know, they say that your whole life's in front of you - but when I think about this life it sometimes seems so long, without him. It is difficult to ignore such words, they hurt, I would like to scream that I don't want anyone else, but I want him to come back!

Most of the people don't know what to say - but in that case it's better to say nothing. Love survives and will always connect us with our loved ones who passed away. My dearest friend died in January, 7 weeks 5 days ago. He will always be the love of my life and he will always be with me. I don't have any advice on what to tell people who say such things. Or how to cope with those who pretend nothing happened. I try to avoid most of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant say I know how you feel because I wasnt married to Michael. We would have been but he was only 18 and Im 17. But I do know how you feel when people say your young there are so many more guys out there. It hurts so bad to think that people can actually think that I can just brush him off like or something. It hasnt even been 2 months. Somepeople just dont understand, maybe its their way of trying to make you feel better, I dont know. I hope eveything gets a little easier

Victoria