Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just Want To Say Hi

unsure.gif Hi! My name is becky. My husband died in June 2004. I am still trying to figure out who I am without him. He was sick for along time and I am just trying to find my way. I really want to connect with others who understand. I am 47 I feel sometimes like there is nothing to look forward to. But I try to stay positive. I know ron would not want me to be sad.

Hi Becky....my husband died in June 2004 too. We didn't find that he had cancer til a year and a half before he died....and it was too late when we did find out to do anything about it. We lived for over year with a hopeless verdict. In many ways it was good to have that time, but very hard too. Some days I feel like I am doing pretty well, and others think I am crashing hopelessly. It seems as though we should be doing better after almost eight months, doesn't it.? I am 59 and Tom was 60. That still seems too young to have do live without him. I try to stay positive too...but it doesn't work about half or more of the time. Jeanne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jeanne

Yes it does seem way to young to have to go through this. Ron's 60th birthday is Sunday and I am thinking so much about him. But he was so sick on his birthday last year that I try to convince myself that I wouldn't want him to still be here and still so sick. I am 47 and sometimes I feel that my life is over. I don't want to be alone but I also just don't have anything to share with anyone else right now. I don't have the strenth to even think of another relationship. Oh well. It will all work out and someday the grief won't be so fresh or as painful. At least I hope so.

I hope things are going well for you.

Have a peacefull day.

Becky

Hi Becky,

I am new at the grieving process as well. My name is Mindy and I lost my husband about 3 weeks ago to a sudden brain anurism. I am 30 years old and am trying to find creative ways to cope. I read your message and it touched me. How long were you married to your husband? I would like to hear about it anytime you need to talk. I have had much family support and know that Kevin would want me as happy as possible. What gives me strength is knowing that he would be so sad to see me down. I think of him often. Please let me know how you're doing and what you're involved with that helps you heal.

Mindy

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is jane and I have recently lost my partner. He died suddenly due to an aortic aneurysm. He was only 29 and I am 26. We were soul mates and very much in love. We have been together for 7 years and we had everything going for ourselves. We had recently just bought a new house and things were so exciting for us. I am a nurse myself and my partner actually arrested on me and after all that training I have, I wasnt able to save his life.

I can so relate to everything people are saying its just so hard when people keep telling you that life goes on, but when u lose your soul mate and some one that was your life its very hard. I am only young and unsure of what to do next and how to move on with my life.

Hi have not been here in awhile. But coming up on Ron's one year "anniversary". That sounds so wrong like it is something to celebrate. But with the one year comes a different kind of grieving. I am not focusing so much on how sick he was before he died, now I just seem to think so much about what I miss. His sense of humor, his laugh, his beautiful brown eyes. I am lonely for him. Those of you who have posted here are all young like me and some days I feel like I'm 100. I grieve for those of you with children because I think in some ways that must be harder but in another way you still have a piece of him. but I wish all you you peace and wish you well.