Grief Healing Discussion Groups

5 Weeks, I Can't Stop Crying

Darl

I needed to empty the camper out, got one seat storage unit done with a few tears and when I went to do the other one I found a fly swatter Jim had bought when we were in Nashville. He loved Elvis. I started crying, sobbing, hyperventilating and can't stop. I tried thinking about happy things we did but all that does is make me think of the things we will never do together. My Dr. started me on Lexapro, I took them for 3 days but they made me very nauseaous so I quit, did not take one last night. I need to take some papers to his Dr's office for insurance and a couple of other errands. I can't stop crying or get myself started.

Darl

I needed to empty the camper out, got one seat storage unit done with a few tears and when I went to do the other one I found a fly swatter Jim had bought when we were in Nashville. He loved Elvis. I started crying, sobbing, hyperventilating and can't stop. I tried thinking about happy things we did but all that does is make me think of the things we will never do together. My Dr. started me on Lexapro, I took them for 3 days but they made me very nauseaous so I quit, did not take one last night. I need to take some papers to his Dr's office for insurance and a couple of other errands. I can't stop crying or get myself started.

Darl

Darl

I'm so sorry for the loss of your darling Jim. 5 weeks is so so early. I could not return to work for 2.5months after losing my Dad suddenly.he was so much more

than just my Dad.I too had SO MANY crying episodes with the hyperventalating.

Having to deal with the paperwork etc is SO DIFFICULT,I had to do most of it for my mom and I broke down every single

time i would have to call someone like banks etc but let me tell you every single person i had to deal with was so so kind and so gentle with me.

Do you have a friend or family member you are close with who could help you with these things,even just having someone with you might "help" in the tiniest way.

The tears came everywhere I went,everything I did,every thought I had brought it on.it still happens now but not as much,I don't

feel it's because I am feeling "better" because I don't but physically I feel my body has adjusted somewhat,it has begun to adjust to the shock of this world that has been turned inside out upside down and simply gone all wrong on me.

I still cry loads,sometimes I can't cry at all,sometimes it comes out of nowhere.

I wish there were magic words but there aren't. Take the errands slowly if possible,try one on a particular day,let the rest until another day,ask someone to help or do one for you if that is possible.

All I have is a hug and some love to send to you.just know it's all normal how you feel,how you react to this huge awful shock.

Niamh

xx