Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Birthday

hello123

Again, I know there are probably loads of posts on this but it's my Dads birthday today, would be 52. Last year it was so soon after it was just a blur but I got balloons and cake and family were here. This year we are alone, no family have rang or contacted, we went to visit the memorial bench but it was so busy because its a sunny day and everyones at the park. It's the worst day everyone else is celebrating the sun, we always went to that park together but it's not even nice going back because families are together and laughing. Theres nowhere to cry and remember him properly, theres no family around and it hasn't even been long? I can't help thinking how different it would've been if he was still here...

Dear One, I'm so sorry you're feeling so alone on your dad's birthday ~ but I hope you will take comfort in knowing that your dad is still with you in spirit and in your heart.

I just read this quotation, and it made me think of you:

If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever. ~ Winnie the Pooh ♥

I'm so sorry you're having a bad day today. My mom's birthday is next week and I'm dreading it. As MartyT said, even though your dad isn't here with you physically, I know that he is with you in spirit everyday. I know that's not good enough, especially today. Try to focus on the good memories and celebrate his life. Big hugs to you.

Guest Nicholas

It was my son's birthday on April 2nd & I went out for the day, lit a candle, but cried when I got home. I have already made arrangements to be away on the first anniversary of his passing - not till December - as the thought of being home alone already worries me.

I hope you coped OK.

Nicholas

hi hello123,

I hear you & I'm sorry it's such an extra sad day. My Dad's birthday is friday this week, I have taken the day off work, I just couldn't be here knowing I couldn't send an email, an e-card to Dad to wish him Happy Birthday. I also hate that I am not running around trying to find something great for him, something he would really love, I miss shopping for him.

I'm not sure yet what I will do, probably just bring some flowers to him & light a candle there.

I bought some chinese lanterns recently, I saw people release them into the sky New Year's Eve at the cemetary and thought it was a lovely idea. So I've asked a friend to come with me friday evening and send one up with Happy Birthday on it to my Dad. I know it will be such a hard sad day and Mom & me will most likely be the only ones who remember it too and that makes me sad. Everyone else who would have remembered, sent a card is already gone from this world :-(

sending a big comfort (((hug))) to you,

Niamh

That chinese lantern thing is such a good idea, I hope you get to do it! And I know exactly what you mean about the shopping for them it's weird when you see stuff you know you could get them! At christmas I saw a monty python mug that sings that song "Always look on the bright side of life" and that was my dads fave song I knew he wouldve loved the mug so I bought it anyway and kept it in the cupboard, but on his birthday I didnt get anything. Hope tomorrow is not too painful xxx