Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Anyone Else Having Emotionally Draining Dreams?

I was wondering if anyone else is having dreams that leave them waking up disturbed. I guess most of my dreams aren't really nightmares - but they are so emotional. Seems like I have had them every night. There was one - all day I was upset because I just wanted to be able to hug Grandma one last time - then that night I had a dream where all her kids and me (I was the only Grandchild) were out in the kitchen saying, "We just don't know what to do." I walked into her living room and she was in the chair - her living room was set up the way it was when I was a child. I walked up to her and hugged her - I can still feel her arms around me - she was soft like she was when I was little - so soft and loving. I looked at her and I said, "Grandma, what would you like us to do?" She started crying and she said, "I just want to see heaven but I can't until you let go." Then I woke up - still makes me cry.

Or the one where I am at her house and there are people walking across the yard and I a keep trying to tell them they shouldn't be there - they have to leave - this is my Grandma's house - but they are acting like I am not there - like I don't exist. Then Grandma came out of her house with a chair - hauled it to the edge of her side yard and sat down in it - I tried to talk to her but again - it was like I wasn't there.

Just wondering if anyone else is having emotionally draining dreams.

Guest Nicholas

I have always had repeating dreams for as long as I can remember, generally variations on the same themes, fears, worries, dislikes; I haven't dreamt that much about my son since he passed away, the odd distressing one, but generally I still dream about what I used to. Since he died, I am on sleeping tablets and people tell me they make you dream less, no idea if that is true or not. I did once visit a sleep expert but that was a waste of time; I am now so used to them I just accept it.