Grief Healing Discussion Groups

23 Weeks Into Hell

Guest Nicholas

Dear Nicholas,

I am so sorry for the pain of loosing your Thanomsil. I so understand and relate to your feeling that the darkness will never lift. Perhaps this feeling state will subside and the Light will show itself to you again once the pain is not blinding you to it any longer.

I don't know if it will help Nicholas; but one thing that truly helped me feel the darkness lifting after the loss of my son was I wrote him a letter. I didn't do it typing on a keyboard; I wrote freehand somehow I felt connected to my son that way. Just food for thought Nicholas.

Still so early for you Nicholas. I wish I could take all your pain away for you. Know that I understand and care and continue to hold you in gentle thought and prayer.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Nicholas,

I'm dealing with a different loss (my mom) but I know what you mean about not being able to see past the darkness of this moment. Today makes 29 weeks for me, and although it's gotten slightly easier, I can't see an end to the pain and sadness.

I'm so sorry you're going through this -- no one should ever have to lose a child. I know too many people who have and they all say it's something they've never "gotten over" -- they've simply learned to live with it and move forward WITH the pain.

Erin

Guest Nicholas

Thank you everyone, Wednesdays will always be difficult as he passed away on a Wednesday afternoon.

By sheer coincidence, today I sold a book he bought for my business a long time ago. From his next life, maybe he is laughing and saying that he knew it would sell one day. What a shame I couldn't thank him in person.

Metta

Nicholas