Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can't Sleep

It's 2AM in PA and I can't sleep. I keep going over and over in my head how my dad wanted to be here for his grandkids, HOw he loved life, how's he's in that horrible hospice just wanting to come home. I keep seeing his sick face. I have to take care of my 4, 3, and 2 yr old in the morning and I need to get some sleep. God help me get through this

I am sorry that you are going through this. its so hard to sleep when your mind just goes on and on without a break. I have found that getting up out of bed, and watching tv or having a glass of warmed milk helps me to relax. I try to refocus my mind on something other than the loved one. I know, seems like we are abandoning them instead of keeping them in our thoughts, or in denial, but it is only temporary...enough to let us get some sleep so that we can face the challange ahead. You may want to talk to your doctor as well, your doctor can give you something that helps you to sleep through this difficult period. I understand that you have small children so I would ask for something mild. I feel your pain, I was there too. It felt like a nightmare, but you will survive it. My heart goes out to you.