Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Bitter Sweet

amw

Jim and I have been together for 5 years, and have talked about getting married several times over the years. Some of the time it was just jokingly, while other times we were very serious. We decided to wait until I was finished with my schooling, but things have changed now, he is terminal and has chosen hospice and ended treatments, just going for comfort care and quality days. While he was in the hospial for 15 days, after he had made the choice to stop treatments that were not helping and just making him sicker and very tire. He said lets get married! It is exciting and made me happy, yet I can't shake the thought of how bitter sweet it is, and am trying to care for him and plan a nice little ceremony and reception with just a few friends and family members. I have had to do a lot by phone and internet, which is hard because you don't know what your getting without getting to see it first hand, But, am trying to make the best of it. We picked our rings out today, and he ended up having to take a nap after we got home. I'm trying to be happy and just think of the wedding and the time we have had together as well as the time we have left. But, as I said before it's bitter sweet knowing we probably won't even have a 1st anniversary, let alone 20+ years together. I guess I should just be happy and stop being selfish.

AMW,

I am so very sorry to hear about Jim. I will be praying that you have a lovely wedding.

May I tell you a bit of my story? I am grandmother and guardian of 2 out of 3 of my grandchildren, well, now 2 living. My 9 year old boy passed away January 22, just over a month ago and only 8 days before his 10th birthday. I could go on and on about what an awesome boy he is... super smart, wonderfully compassionate, every kid thought he was their best friend. And he loved the Lord with all his heart. However, perhaps another time I will share more about my story. I really wanted to talk about you and Jim right now.

I spent the year we had with Jeramiah after his diagnosis studying everything I could about cancer. There are some things in specific I would like to share with you that not only extended Jeramiah's life by 4 months (he astounded the medical community!) but we also did it without pain meds (he did not have cancer pain), so his life was very much a quality life, clear up until his last day.

If you are interested in anything I can share with you, please let me know.

God bless,

Jeramiah's Mimi

Thank you for your prayers. Please share if you feel you wnat to, sometimes things can help, and I want to have him here with me as long as I possibly can. I am also sorry for your loss, he sounds like a wonderful person to have known.

amw