Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Significant Quotes

mfh

We think we are broken, but we are not.

UNBREAKABLE

You do not heal from trauma, and nobody heals you either. You simply reconnect with that sacred place in yourself that was never traumatised, never broken, never damaged in the first place; your true Self, absolute and ever-present, innocent and free.

It is not a destination; it is You, alive and awake in the moment.

Know yourself as the Absolute, and let all thoughts and feelings move through you, however intense or uncomfortable. The forms pass, they always pass, and You remain.

You are not broken; you are Unbreakable.

- Jeff Foster

Jeff Foster (www.lifewithoutacentre.com)'s photo.
  • Upvote 2

I don't know about that.  There have been times in my life when I was pretty broken.  It is in rebuilding that we find our strength.

:D That's cute!

• 2 weeks later...
DAILY MEDITATION

Small Steps of Love
June 15
S.gif
1fa2d048-4ead-4509-b093-998c33f3df7f.jpg
Photo courtesy of SDGimagery.com
S.gif
How can we choose love when we have experienced so little of it? We choose love by taking small steps of love every time there is an opportunity. A smile, a handshake, a word of encouragement, a phone call, a card, an embrace, a kind greeting, a gesture of support, a moment of attention, a helping hand, a present, a financial contribution, a visit ... all these are little steps toward love.

Each step is like a candle burning in the night. It does not take the darkness away, but it guides us through the darkness. When we look back after many small steps of love, we will discover that we have made a long and beautiful journey.
Henri Nouwen
  • Upvote 3

I've been in the kitchen on the hard marble floor since 6:00 a.m., stopping only long enough to give the dog a couple of walks, and will be cooking until 11:30 tonight.  I wish I COULD put an "out of order" sticker on my forehead and call it a day!  (Our head elder and his wife both had surgery, so I'm cooking for them, cooking for me, cooking for my dog, and made a pie for the church's "Pies for the Guys" which we always do on Father's Day.  It always reminds me of George in the hospital on Father's Day, worrying about missing out on his pie...they were going to save him one, but he died instead.  So in a way, I do this in George's memory, God that man loved to eat!  I bet he gave my MIL a special order for his Father's Day pie, she's a top notch pie baker! :)

• Upvote 3

For those of us who are missing our Fathers today, it is so important that we remember that they are in our hearts. A poem by e. e. cummings ~ a favorite of mine ~ can be applied to our fathers as well as other loved ones.

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in

my heart) i am never without it (anywhere

i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done

by only me is your doing, my darling)

i fear

no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet) i want

no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)

and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant

and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud

and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows

higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

Its-hard-to-forget-I-said.jpg

• Upvote 4

On FB I see people my age posting about their (still living) dads.  I feel like I got gypped with my dad...I was 29 when he died.  He was physically restricted from the time I was about 12.  He never threw a ball to me.  He wasn't there to meet his grandkids.  I've spent my life essentially without him.  It's too bad too because I really miss him, and I especially feel bad that he never got to meet my kids.  Even though it's been a lifetime, I still miss him.

• Upvote 2

I miss my dad too, and thought a lot about him today. His cell phone is still connected and I called it today, listening to his call promising to call me back. FB had a picture of him today as a reminder of a year ago. It is hard to take that I can see his face and listen to his voice and yet he is gone...

image.jpeg

• Upvote 6

I'm glad!  (((hugs)))

• Upvote 1

I never understood grief before, as naturally, no one truly should. I never understood the depth of pain a person could feel. I never understood the uncanny, subconscious ebbs and flows that can incapacitate the griever at any given moment. I never understand how draining sorrow felt, because the griever never takes a break from exerting emotional energy, whether it’s living in the throes of early loss, or whether it’s trying to reemerge to the land of the living. [ 798 more words. ]

safe_image.php?d=AQAfToBu6BIuKvyO&w=476&
I never understood grief before, as naturally, no one truly should. I never understood the depth of pain a person could feel. I never understood the uncanny, subconscious ebbs and flows that can incapacitate the griever at any given moment. I never…
STILLSTANDINGMAG.COM|BY LEXI BEHRNDT

• Upvote 1