Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello My Dear Friends

I came here tonight to answer a personal message and decided I had to say hello before I left. Where is our old crowd? Teny, Walter etc. I am hanging in there, still just going through the motions, I lost my Step-dad last January, that was rough. My mom is still in remission from her cancer thank goodness. My Grandmother is still in the Nursing Home with Alzheimers...she will be 99 yrs young this July ! I am now retired at only 54 because I had to go on permanant disability as I have COPD and am on Oxygen 24/7 and I also have Congestive Heart Failure. On a lighter note Fred is doing well, Derek got married, Kim is taking courses at college and doing well. Oh yes and my good buddy William also got married to a lovely girl (he went by Stallyn) and we are all still in touch. Anyone still out there from about five years ago?

Love and Hugs,

WendyJ :wub:

Wendy, it's good to hear from you. Walter pops up once in a great while and Teny was on just the other day. I've wondered about Karen B., haven't heard from her in ages. Wow, your grandmother is still alive...my mom is in a Dementia Care Facility...you and I could relate on a lot of things about that road, it's unique in itself. I've hoped you survived the storm a while back w/o too much problems. Is Melissa still around? I'm glad your mom is faring well and I'm sorry about all of your health problems but glad you got your disability.

Not a lot has happened with me lately...my son got married in June, still going to OSU, my daughter and her husband are doing about the same. My sister Peggy fell and broke her arm in three places just before Christmas (she's the one that lives in my town), and between shoveling snow, getting firewood in, tending my dog and cats, working/commuting (I'm part time now), I keep busy. I don't date for obvious reasons. My life is quiet and I don't get out a lot except for work and church once a week.

Drop me a line now and then!

Wendy, my dear, how lovely to hear from you again. I'm so sorry to learn of your recent losses and your health problems, but still it's good to "see" you here again ~ and we so appreciate the updates you've shared about many of our earlier members! I hope you'll give all of them our very best, and know that we wish the same to you

My first post: I learned about "Anticipatory Grief" on Friday in my first one-on-one with my HOV counselor. I knew what I was going through but didn't know what it was called. I wonder if my wife, clinical psychologist, knew the term. Will never know. She passed away on January 1, 2013 at 1:00 am. She was 57...

Dear redsox, I am so very sorry for your loss. I am glad you have a counselor to talk to and there are many of us in the spousal loss forum who will be there for you as you walk through this. We have all lost spouses and support each other in many way. Please do post again and again and people will respond and surround you with support. Peace, Mary

Thanks, Mary. Right now I feel pretty good...overall. 5 months and each worse than the next where the news never got better. I was well prepared except for the last 3 days or so. I will always be grateful that my daughter was not there to see what I saw in the end. Those are images she need not retain.

I am looking forward to the rest of my life as a single / widowed man. I don't know what will be coming down the road but I will emrace it. My daughter and I will be going to some group meetings starting this Thursday night in Scottsdale. Larry

Larry, I am glad you are feeling pretty good overall. I am glad you and your daughter will be attending support group meetings. Anticipatory grief is one thing. I know it well after 4+ years of watching Bill die slowly. But there is more grief as you know. I hope to see you back in our group. Reading posts is very helpful as well as posting. We are here for you, Mary

Thank you, Larry. Bill's journey through Alzheimer's was traumatic for me. I was in denial often and the journey was painful for both of us. It was shorter than many folks have had to endure...and I am glad of that for Bill's and my sake. Peace, Mary

Thank you Marty, I hope all is well for you....yes I will pass on your well wishes to the rest. We have all stayed in touch and some of us are still very close. Kay my dearest friend I am sorry I missed your call a couple weeks ago. My phone is so messed up from a switchover to another company that is worse than the original one. Kay write me privately please, seems this has now turned to others on their own sad journey and I don't want to interupt.

Hugs,

Wendy :wub:

• 3 months later...

I just visited and found out that months ago WEndy was here! I visit very often and read the old and new friends.After 6 years Im doing better but not well.The dificult situetion in my country does not help .people are suffering job losses and life as we knew it has gone it seems like most of us espesialy in the city are grieving many losses.I will never foget the support I found from all of you my far away friends. love Teny

And we will never forget you, either, dear Teny. How lovely to hear from you again!

I'm so sorry things are still so difficult in your country. At this particular point in history, it seems that the whole world is suffering, in one way or another . . .

Here is an article that may give all of us some hope: The Compassionate Mind: Science shows why it's healthy and how it spreads

Hello Teny, I do remember you and it is good to see you here. I am sorry about how tough things are in your country. I do read about it. As Marty said, the entire world is in pain at this time. I am trusting that it is darkest before the dawn and that this is a turning point and things will improve everywhere. Peace to your heart, Mary (mfh)

Teny, I often think of you and wonder how you're faring. Our country isn't doing as well as they'd like people to think...job losses here too but without the rioting and unrest you have suffered there. I was laid off for a year and my job is not stable, will not get paid tomorrow and my boss owes me for nearly three months now. It's hard to believe it's been six years for you, nearly eight for me, time passes, the grief doesn't seem to but we learn to live with it. I remember your beautiful pottery, do you still create?

Dear Kay,

I hope you can let the good vet know you are looking for work.

My goodness, that is horrible that you are not being paid regularly. That is just horrible for you! What a lot of pressure!

When a company is months behind in payroll, it is past time to look around for other work.

Please begin tomorrow. I am sending up more *<twinkles>* for you, dear heart. I thought, in light of the payroll problems, they should be *<green twinkles>*.

Much love and see above. :)

fae

fae, I don't work for a vet, I wish I did. He hasn't paid me on time for 5 1/2 years. I looked for work, applied for almost 300 jobs, nada. I'm taking a break from it right now for peace of mind. I'll likely resume at some point.

HI Kay,

I know you don't work for the vet. I mean the new vet across the street, where you took Arlie.

Just let people know you are looking around, and like the vet business. :)

It cannot hurt. Just a thought.

I have had a good day, walking in the forest, having wonderful memories of times together, and letting myself just miss Doug and feel his love. Happy memories, and I am hoping there will be more of them and fewer memories of the last 3 years. I think I can live without some of that emotional anguish. Maybe if softens later on.

But it was super to be out with the birds, rabbits, deer. There was a lovely breeze, and it was warm enough to be out without a jacket or sweater. So lovely. There are tiny green shoots coming up. The daffodils are still in bloom. Tomorrow is early PT, then I have a bunch of errands to run before I get to come home and maybe work on the dragonflies :)

I will definitely take photos, even if I need to take the laptop out there and use the snapshot program. :)

Have a wonderful evening and a peaceful night of sleep.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Ahh, call me slow! Yeah, I should be putting out feelers everywhere, can't hurt, although I did that for a year and nothing came of it. It'd be wonderful if something opened up locally so I wouldn't have to commute. That'd almost feel like retirement!

I hope you can find something closer. I'm sure not having to commute that far would be like retiring.